- Kobu (鼓舞?) means encouragement or inspiration in Japanese.
- In the English version it is called the Pump-Pump Fruit, which refers to pumping up people with power.
Strengths and WeaknessesEdit
The biggest strength of this fruit is the ability to increase other people's physical strength by simply encouraging them with words. The user can encourage and strengthen multiple people at once, allowing them to turn entire groups of average people into powerful fighters, possibly turning the tide of battle and making this fruit best applicable in group combat. On the Lulusia Kingdom, Betty was able to turn a group of helpless citizens into strong fighters, capable of overwhelming a Grand Line pirate crew with only sticks.
However, its effectiveness in battle largely depends on the strengthened targets being willing to help the user, as encouragement is the most the user can do to influence their targets' actions, and the targets must make the choice to fight on their own. It is unknown if the user is capable of being strengthened by their own words. Otherwise, the user is affected by the standard Devil Fruit weaknesses.
Betty used this fruit in combat while fighting the Pinkbeard Pirates in the Lulusia Kingdom. By encouraging the citizens to stand up for themselves, the citizens were granted an increase in strength and became able to overwhelm the pirates with only sticks.
- This fruit along with its user's appearance and affiliation is likely based on the painting Liberty Leading the People by Eugène Delacroix.
- The fruit can be considered an inverse of the Horo Horo no Mi, which instead discourages its victims and takes away their fighting spirit.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 90 Chapter 904 and Episode 880, Belo Betty rallies the people of Lulusia Kingdom to fight the Pinkbeard Pirates.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 90 Chapter 904 and Episode 880, Morley explains Belo Betty's Kobu Kobu no Mi.
- Liberty Leading the People - A painting by Eugène Delacroix which is likely the basis for this power.