Komugi Island is one of 34 islands surrounding Whole Cake Island as part of the Big Mom Pirates' main territory known as Totto Land. It is run by Charlotte Katakuri, the Minister of Flour (粉大臣 Kona Daijin?).
Layout[edit | edit source]
Hakuriki Town[edit | edit source]
Hakuriki Town (ハクリキタウン Hakuriki Taun?, Viz: "Flour Town") is a city situated on Komugi Island. Its name may be derived from "hakurikiko" (薄力粉 weak flour?), which is used to make cakes and pastries. The town has large structures shaped like various pastries like bread, dango, and doughnuts, with at least one large doughnut homie.
History[edit | edit source]
Past[edit | edit source]
Less than 62 years ago, Komugi Island became part of the Big Mom Pirates territory also known as "Totto Land", and its appearance was changed to its current look using Charlotte Linlin and Streusen's Devil Fruit powers (the Soru Soru no Mi and Kuku Kuku no Mi respectively). Charlotte Katakuri was then appointed the minister in charge of this island.
Whole Cake Island Arc[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Komugi means "wheat" in Japanese. When read with the suffix "-to" (島 island?), the name may be a pun on "komugiko" (小麦粉 wheat flour?).
References[edit | edit source]
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 89 Chapter 891 (p. 2) and Episode 865, Komugi Island is first seen.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 82 Chapter 827 (p. 5) and Episode 785, Pekoms explains Totto Land to the Sanji Retrieval Team.
- SBS One Piece Manga — Vol. 87, Komugi Island and its administration is mentioned.
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 86 Chapter 868 (p. 8-11), Streusen and Linlin begin their takeover of the archipelago.
[edit | edit source]