Little is known about Toki's personality, but she seemed to be kind and sweet, with her retainers respecting her.
Abilities and PowersEdit
- Further information: Toki Toki no Mi
Toki was rumored to have been born in the distant past, but after consuming the Toki Toki no Mi, she traveled forward in time multiple times. She eventually met and married Kozuki Oden, the daimyo of Kuri, and gave birth to a son, Momonosuke, followed by a daughter, Hiyori.
20 years before the present day, Oden was brought to the Flower Capital and executed by the shogun Kurozumi Orochi after illegally leaving Wano Country. Toki was in Oden Castle with Momonosuke and Hiyori when Kaido, who was working with Orochi, set it ablaze. When the retainers returned to the castle, Toki used her Devil Fruit powers to send Momonosuke and her retainers 20 years forward in time, but chose to stay behind and meet her end.
Before her death, Toki gave a prophecy to Wano Country that inspired strong hope in the former followers and retainers of the Kozuki Family and an intense fear in Kurozumi Orochi, which they interpreted that in twenty years, nine samurai would exact vengeance on Orochi in Oden's name and open the borders of Wano Country.
- "Toki" is another name for the Japanese crested ibis, which follows Oda's tradition of naming female characters after birds.
- It is also a Japanese word for "time", which is what her Devil Fruit's name is derived from.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 One Piece Manga — Vol. 91 Chapter 919 (p. 8), Kyoshiro reveals Toki's prophecy.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 One Piece Manga — Vol. 91 Chapter 920 (p. 9), Kin'emon reveals Toki's past.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 91 Chapter 920 (p. 9-11).
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 91 Chapter 920 (p. 6-11).
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 91 Chapter 919 (p. 8-9).