Kurosawa is a samurai who allied with the Kozuki Family. After waiting 20 years for the return of the Nine Red Scabbards, he affiliated with the Ninja-Pirate-Mink-Samurai Alliance to raid Onigashima.
Kurosawa is a middle-aged man of average build with tan skin, a large nose, and long eyebrows that curl upward at the outer ends. He often wears an expression with a frowning smile and furrowed brow. He has long black hair tied back in a ponytail, a widow's peak, and a long, black beard. Kurosawa wears a dark green kimono with a sun pattern on the sleeves, a dark collar, and striped hakama. During the raid on Onigashima, he wears a light-colored kimono with a circular pattern on it and dark-colored hakama.
Abilities and Powers
In the past, Kurosawa was allied with the Kozuki Family. After hearing Kozuki Toki's prophecies about the downfall of Kurozumi Orochi and the opening of Wano Country's borders, Kurosawa and his allies waited for 20 years for the Nine Red Scabbards' return.
During the Timeskip
After 20 years, Kurosawa and his comrades witnessed Momonosuke's return, and they swore their loyalty to the Kozuki Family and offered themselves as allies to stand against Orochi.
Wano Country Arc
Kurosawa was among those arrested and thrown in Rasetsu Town for conspiring to defy Orochi. Two days before the raid on Onigashima, Kurosawa and Jibuemon discussed how to gather together without drawing too much attention.
After invading Onigashima and donning a disguise, Kurosawa joined Kin'emon's Eastern forces. The group split up after finding a brothel, but they heard someone from inside the brothel and all jumped in the water to hide.
Anime and Manga Differences
In Episode 959, the Kozuki Family's allies, including Kurosawa and Jibuemon, met in Kibi to discuss the raid, but the location of their meeting was not shown in the manga. Kurosawa's lines from the manga are also spoken by Jibuemon instead.
- Before the raid on Onigashima, Kurosawa appeared both arrested in Rasetsu Town and participating in a discussion with Jibuemon about the allied forces' rendezvous point. However, the arrested samurai were not freed until Denjiro liberated them. It is unknown if these conflicting appearances are an error in the manga. In the anime, Kurosawa does not appear in Rasetsu Town, correcting the continuity.
- His name means "black swamp" (黒沢 kurosawa?).
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 91 Chapter 920 (p. 13) and Episode 911, The Kozuki Family's allies reunite with Momonosuke after 20 years.
- Vivre Card - One Piece Visual Dictionary (EX Characters: Wano Country Arc Vol. 3 #1294), Kurosawa is named.
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 98 Chapter 987 (p. 15).
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 93 Chapter 939 (p. 8), People with moon tattoos on their ankles are arrested and imprisoned in Rasetsu Town.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 95 Chapter 959 (p. 4) and Episode 959.
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 97 Chapter 981 (p. 11), Kurosawa joins Kinemon's Eastern forces.
- One Piece Anime — Episode 959, The Kozuki Family allies' meeting place is labeled as Kibi in the anime.