- The subject of this article is also called Raftel.
There are four poneglyphs known as Road Poneglyphs that, when read together, lead to four islands which, if aligned, will lead to Laugh Tale's location. One of these is located on Zou, one is at an unknown location, and the last two are each owned by the Yonko, Kaido and Charlotte Linlin.
Layout and Locations
Little has been seen of the island, but its shore appears to be composed of steep cliffs with large amounts of wilderness, though there are some objects that appear to be shaped like buildings or fortifications.
It is said that upon reaching Laugh Tale, if one has taken with them along their journey the passages of the poneglyphs, then the Rio Poneglyph will finally be revealed. Furthermore, the Road Poneglyphs, a set of four special red poneglyphs, each reveal a point on a map of the world once read. When all four points are deciphered, it becomes possible to discern the place at the center of these points where they all intersect, and the true path to Laugh Tale will be made known.
Gol D. Roger and his crew are the only known people to have reached the island. Roger offered Whitebeard the information on how to get to Laugh Tale, but Whitebeard declined because of his own dreams of achieving a family instead of reaching One Piece.
Translation and Dub Issues
Before the release of One Piece: Stampede, the name of the island was commonly known as "Raftel" in both official and unofficial translations. In the movie, however, the name is spelled as "Laugh Tale" on an Eternal Pose. The Funimation dub opted to start using Laugh Tale from the movie onwards.
- From what has been shown regarding the Road Poneglyphs points, the four marks form an "X" when they intersect, indicating where Laugh Tale and the treasure One Piece await. On a traditional treasure map, the location of the treasure is generally marked with an "X". The image given make it appears like "An X made by Xs", hinting at just how important of a location it is.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 One Piece Movie 14, Laugh Tale is romanized on an Eternal Pose.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 One Piece Manga — Vol. 82 Chapter 818.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 32 Chapter 301 and Episode 194, Robin discussing the Rio Poneglyph with the Shandians and Gan Fall.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 82 Chapter 818.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 59 Chapter 576 and Episode 485, Edward Newgate reminisces on his last conversation with Roger about Laugh Tale.
- ↑ Interview with Takuma Naito