- The subject of this article is also called Reverie.
The Levely (Kanji literally translated as "World Council") is a council formed by the World Government which consists of 50 of the world's leaders out of the over 170 nations affiliated with the World Government.
- 1 Overview
- 2 Attendees
- 3 Topics
- 4 History
- 5 Trivia
- 6 References
- 7 Site Navigation
Every four years, kings or queens gather at Mary Geoise for a seven day conference to discuss current events and debate plans for the future. The matters discussed at the Levely could affect the entire world.
As this is a meeting of leaders of nations, a full scale war could be initiated if one king simply insults another. An example is when Wapol purposely hit Nefertari Vivi as an act of revenge against her father, Cobra, after he scolded Wapol for his selfishness. Due to Vivi's kindness, she refrained from making a scene, and Wapol was simply angry and left. The possibility for conflict is heightened due to the extreme range of viewpoints among the kings.
Customs and Procedures
With a gathering of so many world leaders in such a "sacred" place, there are naturally some rules and regulations put in place. One such rule is that everyone, whether they be the royalty, their companions or their escorts, are to be disarmed for the duration of the Levely.
All heads-of-states attending the Levely are expected to make a pledge before the Empty Throne, as a sign of allegiance to the World Government, to symbolically state they are supporting the current "peace", and to remind the royals that they are all on equal ground.
Each meeting, one of the participants acts as chairman. The chairman is chosen in rotation among all participants. During the last meeting, the chairman was King Ham Burger from the Ballywood Kingdom.
|Nefertari Cobra||Neptune||Riku Doldo III||Dalton|
|Wapol||Sterry||Elizabello II||Tea IV||Ban Dedessinée|
|Ramen||Beer VI||Mororon||Tacos||King of Samba|
|Thalassa Lucas *||Vinsmoke Judge ‡||Bartholomew Kuma ‡|
Riku Doldo III
|Kinderella||Hakowan||Dalton ‡||Chess ‡ ≠||Kuromarimo ‡ ≠|
|Sarie Nantokanette *||Komane *||Matryo Princesses *||Sai *||Conney|
|Jeep's Son *||?????|
- †: the character is deceased.
- *: the character's status is unknown, or show additional information. Hovering the symbol may give further details.
- ≠: the character is non-canon.
- ‡: the character is no longer part of this group. Hovering the symbol may give further details.
- Ham Burger: King of the Ballywood Kingdom.
- Nefertari Cobra: King of the Alabasta Kingdom.
- Neptune: King of the Ryugu Kingdom.
- Riku Doldo III: King of the Dressrosa Kingdom.
- Dalton: King of the Sakura Kingdom.
- Wapol: King of the Black Drum Kingdom; formerly attended Levely eight years ago as king of Drum Island.
- Sterry: King of the Goa Kingdom.
- Elizabello II: King of the Prodence Kingdom.
- Tea IV
- Ban Dedessinée
- Ramen: King of the Kano Country.
- Beer VI: King of the Roshwan Kingdom.
- Mororon: Queen of the Tajine Kingdom.
- Tacos: King of the Shishano Kingdom.
- Seki: King of Lulusia Kingdom.
- King of the Ilusia Kingdom.
- King of Samba.
- Thalassa Lucas: King of Ilusia Kingdom, who participated eight years ago.
- Vinsmoke Judge: King of Germa Kingdom, who lost their privilege after the Whole Cake Island Arc.
- Bartholomew Kuma: Former king of Sorbet Kingdom.
Sometimes, the king would be traveling with a party of the royal family, palace staff, and\or royal guards. Known companions are:
- Princess Nefertari Vivi, Royal Guard Captain Igaram, Head Guards Chaka and Pell, and royal pet super spot-billed duck Karoo from the Alabasta Kingdom.
- Princess Shirahoshi, and princes Fukaboshi, Ryuboshi, Manboshi, and Ammo Knights from the Ryugu Kingdom.
- Princess Viola, "lady in waiting" Rebecca, Kyros, the Tontatta Pirates and princess Mansherry from the Dressrosa Kingdom.
- Queen Miss Universe and pet Hakowan from the the Black Drum Kingdom.
- Kureha, a few Lapins and the Isshi-100 from the Sakura Kingdom.
- Queen Sarie Nantokanette from the Goa Kingdom.
- Princess Komane from the Lulusia Kingdom.
- The Matryo Princesses from the Roshwan Kingdom.
- Conny: Queen Dowager of the Sorbet Kingdom.
- Jeep's son.
- Chief Royal Guard Dalton (and in the anime, the Minister of Defense Chess and the Magistrate Kuromarimo) accompanied the king of Drum Kingdom, Wapol, eight years ago.
Monkey D. Dragon
Eight years ago, participants discussed Dragon and his actions, stating that within four to five years, he would become a major threat to the World Government. This caused a conflict between Nefertari Cobra and Wapol when Cobra scolded Wapol for not taking the threat seriously.
Fish-Man Island's Relocation
The queen of the Ryugu Kingdom, Otohime, had worked on gathering signatures from her subjects to petition the World Government to relocate Fish-Man Island to the surface as a sign of furthering the peaceful relationship between Fish-Man Island's native races and the humans that comprise the majority of the surface population. Even after her assassination, Otohime's family had worked to continue and fulfill her objective for years and attended the current Levely to finally make their request.
Nefertari Cobra, the King of Alabasta, intended to question the World Government about the Poneglyphs during the current Levely. On the first day of the event, the Five Elders were informed about his request for an audience.
Seven Warlords of the Sea System
Despite his disagreement with Sakazuki, Admiral Fujitora went to Mary Geoise and encountered his colleague Ryokugyu. While they ate, they talked about Fujitora's travels and Dr. Vegapunk's new creation that Fujitora believed would make the Seven Warlords of the Sea system obsolete, which he planned to bring up to the Levely participants. Later, Pell told Vivi that Fujitora was in a meeting with Nefertari Cobra and Riku Doldo III. Finally, Riku Doldo III and Nefertari Cobra proposed the dissolution of the Seven Warlords of the Sea, citing the abuses commited on their countries by former Warlords Donquixote Doflamingo and Crocodile, with the vast majority of votes agreeing. As a result, the Seven Warlords of the Sea system was abolished.
16 years ago, Queen Otohime, in an effort to get fish-men and merfolk to grow closer to humans, made a proposal to relocate Ryugu Kingdom to the surface. She wanted to present this wish at the Levely that year, and asked her kingdom's citizens for signatures.
15 years ago, King Neptune stated that he would not be allowed to attend the next Levely due to the recent incident of Fisher Tiger raiding Mary Geoise and liberating slaves, which caused Fish-Man Island's standing to fall.
10 years ago, Otohime went to Mary Geoise and returned with an official letter from a World Noble, supporting her cause to relocate Ryugu Kingdom. She stated that the plan could be realistically put into action if enough signatures are collected by the next Levely.
8 years ago, a Levely was held, with the participants including Thalassa Lucas, Nefertari Cobra and Wapol. During the meeting, Lucas brought up the Revolutionary Dragon, labeling his ideologies "dangerous" and stating that he would become a great threat to the World Government in 4-5 years. Wapol disregarded this as not concerning his country, which prompted Cobra to scold him for his irresponsibility. After the meeting Wapol came across Cobra's daughter Vivi and purposefully hit her as Levely against Cobra. Vivi, however, simply apologized in order to avoid conflict between their countries.
Over 50 countries ruled by royal families are planning to attend this year's meeting. Among them are the Nefertari Family of Alabasta, Sterry and his wife, Sarie of Goa Kingdom, Wapol and Miss Universe of Black Drum Kingdom, Dalton of Sakura Kingdom, the Riku Family of Dressrosa, Elizabello II of Prodence Kingdom, and the king of Kano Country. Several rulers are traveling with an entourage from their kingdoms. Some of the participants are shown traveling with Marines escorting them, while some refused it.
Whole Cake Island Arc
Despite no longer ruling any land, the Vinsmoke Family, as the ruling family of the maritime Germa Kingdom, retain the status and the privileges of royalty, including the right to attend Levely. However, Vinsmoke Judge expects the family's activities will imminently lead the World Government to strip them of this right.
When the Levely began, the kings and queens gathered around a table. Ham Burger was appointed chairman for this conference.
Wano Country Arc
- The Levely is similar to the United Nations, both being made up of representatives from different countries around the world. Also, several representatives of the Levely make references to different real countries.