The only known lunarian, King, is a towering humanoid who possesses a pair of large, black-feathered wings on his back. It is unknown whether his tall stature or his wings are lunarian traits.
Lunarians have the ability to create and manipulate fire, which can be weaponized for a multitude of fiery attacks, and their flames can also be used to enhance the power of their melee attacks.
- Lunaria is Latin for "moon-like". In fiction, the term "lunarian" is sometimes used to describe inhabitants of the moon.
- When Marco was pondering on King's background as part of the lunarian race, due to it originating from the Red Line, he remembered the late Whitebeard once telling him about a "Kingdom of Gods" (神の国 Kami no Kuni?) that had existed on the Red Line long before Mary Geoise was ever there. The possible meaning of that in relation to the lunarians has yet to be explained.
- The lunarians' ability to create and control fire is similar to the minks' natural ability to conjure electricity from their bodies, as well as the abilities of fish-men and merfolk to manipulate another element, water, via Fish-Man Karate and Merman Combat.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 92 Chapter 925 (p. 16-17) and Episode 918, King makes his present-day debut.
- One Piece Manga — Chapter 1022 (p. 15), Marco states how he heard about a fire-creating race that once dwelt on the Red Line.
- One Piece Manga — Chapter 1023 (p. 7), Queen mentions the name of the race.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 94 Chapter 951 (p. 14-15) and Episode 952, Big Mom offers to recruit King.
- One Piece Manga — Chapter 1022 (p. 10-14), King uses fire in his attacks.
- One Piece Manga — Chapter 1023 (p. 3), Marco remembers Whitebeard telling him about a "Kingdom of Gods".