Before uploading any images, please read the following to understand the basic guidelines on images on this wiki. Violation may result in penalties depending on level of offense.
- New Preference: Image naming guidelines can be seen here.
- Important rule: All uploaded images must have correct/reliable sources, appropriate licensing template, and proper categories. Any images missing these will be deleted within one hour after it has been uploaded.
- .png files (case-sensitive) are preferred over JPG, jpg, and JPEG formats due to the higher quality of png.
- No fanart images are allowed, including fan-colored manga panels.
- No images that are offensive or completely unrelated to One Piece.
- No images that serve no purpose in any of the articles, forums and templates. Meaning, any images that are meant for personal pages alone (user pages, blogs, etc.) are not allowed.
- No images with watermarks, scanlation texts and/or fan-subtitles. Scanlation/subtitled images are allowed only when necessary in describing diagrams/charts.
- No doctored images of any form, including but not limited to photoshopped images, images with text or drawings added, images with altered brightness/colors, etc.
- No collages allowed.
- No spoiler images.
- No duplicate images. This includes duplicates with only the size altered or images with only slightest differences with already existing files.
- No gifs can be uploaded without being approved.
- No videos of any kind may be uploaded.
- If a better version of an already existing image comes out, update the preexisting image file, rather than uploading a new one, so we can keep record.
- Name files properly so it describes the images accurately, not a bunch of random letters/numbers or a chapter page number, or names without spaces, etc.
- Categorize all uploaded images, as well as provide source and licensing. Add a summary if desired.
- High quality images are preferred, as well as appropriate sizes.
- For Portraits used in gallery templates, the dimensions are at least 120 x 120. This being said, the size must be perfectly square (i.e. 500 x 500, 319 x 319), as they can simply be shrunk down. They cannot be something like 155 x 640 or 640 x 480.
- If any images have been voted to have a particular version over the another, then the vote stands, and any reason to go against it should be brought up to the talk page beforehand.
- For an image to be on an article, it is best for it to have a stable pixel value, so please have the image at a 210px as a standard when placing the image in an article (unless the situation calls for another value).
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.