Mimawarigumi are a group of elite samurais well respected in the Flower Capital, capable enough to be entrusted by Orochi to be his personal bodyguards alongside the Orochi Oniwabanshu.
Allies and Affiliates
Wano Country ArcEdit
Translation and Dub IssuesEdit
In the Viz translation of Chapter 951, the Mimawagumi are not distinguished by name. Instead, the line referring to the group simply reads "...with samurai and and ninja on patrol in every quarter!!". The Viz translation first gives the name "Mimawarigumi" in Chapter 978.
- The group may have been inspired by Kyoto Mimawarigumi, a special police force that operated in the Kyoto region during the Edo period.
- The Mimawarigumi also wore Haori with sleeves trimmed with mountain stripes similar to the Shisengumi, a famous special police force that also operated in the Kyoto region during the Edo period.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 One Piece Manga — Vol. 94 Chapter 951 (p. 2), The Mimawarigmumi debut.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 95 Chapter 958, Mimawarigumi take part in the Shogun's procession.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Chapter 978 (p. 14-15), Mimawarigumi at Onigashima.