Description[edit | edit source]
Mogura is a trident, with its three prongs tightly together. The middle prong is a full spear-shape, while the two on the sides are half-blades. Katakuri keeps the spear in his body via his Mochi Mochi no Mi when not in use.
Usage[edit | edit source]
Katakuri has shown tremendous skill with his trident, using it in conjunction with his Mochi Mochi no Mi powers. He can twist his arm with his powers to deliver a powerful drilling thrust, capable of creating deep holes in walls and shattering thick pillars, and cause a fatal wound to a human body.
Techniques[edit | edit source]
- Mochi Tsuki (モチ
突Mochi Tsuki?, literally meaning "Mochi Thrust"): Katakuri, while holding his spear Mogura, tightly twists his mochi arm and then untwists it while thrusting the spear forward, creating a powerful drilling stab that can easily pierce through and destroy buildings and structures. It was first used against Luffy, who barely managed to dodge it, causing the attack to instead hit a building and completely destroy it. It was later used against Luffy successfully, and created a massive, gaping wound on the side of his torso.  This is called Mochi Thrust in the Viz Manga. The name of this technique is pun on mochitsuki (餅搗き?), a traditional ceremony to prepare mochi by repeatedly pounding steamed rice with a wooden mallet.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Another pronunciation for the kanji is moguramochi, which might be a pun on the wielder's Devil Fruit power.
- Mogura was initially shown in Katakuri's anime concept art with a different design. However, when it first appeared in Episode 832, the design matched that of the manga.
- On a later appearance, in episode 839, the new design was shown.
References[edit | edit source]
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 86 Chapter 862 (p. 9) and Episode 832, Katakuri pulls out Mogura when sensing Luffy is about to enter.
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 88 Chapter 882 (p. 6), Katakuri names his spear.
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 88 Chapter 881 (p. 17), Katakuri pulls out his trident.
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 88 Chapter 882 (p. 4-6), Katakuri uses Mochi Tsuki.
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 89 Chapters 892–893 (p. 16-17, 2, 9, 11), Katakuri wounds Luffy and himself.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 88 Chapter 882 (p. 5-6) and Episode 854, Katakuri using Mochi Thrust against Luffy.
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 89 Chapter 892 (p. 17).
[edit | edit source]