Monjiro is a samurai who allied with the Kozuki Family. After waiting 20 years for the return of the Nine Red Scabbards, he affiliated with the Ninja-Pirate-Mink-Samurai Alliance to raid Onigashima.
Monjiro is a short man with droopy eyes, a wide nose, and a green mustache that covers his mouth. He also has green hair with long, bushy sideburns and green eyebrows. Monjiro wears a green kimono with blue hakama. He also wears a red beaded necklace and a black sugegasa hat with a white chin strap, and he carries a box on his back. He has a reverse crescent moon tattoo on his ankle.
Monjiro is loyal to the Kozuki Family, as he waited roughly 20 years for their return. He seemed perplexed by the message he was given about the Kozuki Family returning to revolt.
Abilities and Powers
In the past, Monjiro was allied with the Kozuki Family. After hearing Kozuki Toki's prophesied the downfall of Kurozumi Orochi and the opening of Wano Country's borders, Monjiro and his allies waited for 20 years for the Nine Red Scabbards' return and got reverse crescent moon tattoos to identify themselves.
Wano Country Arc
Monjiro was among those arrested and thrown in Rasetsu Town for conspiring to defy Orochi. In prison, he and the others received Shimotsuki Yasuie's final message of the rebels' new gathering place.
On the day of the Fire Festival, Monjiro and the other rebels were freed from Rasetsu Town by Denjiro, adding 1,000 soldiers to the raid's forces. The group sailed to Tokage Port to retrieve the Scabbards and commence the raid.
Monjiro joined Kin'emon's Eastern forces, and the group approached a brothel. The group split up but heard someone from inside the brothel. They all jumped in the water to hide, except Chopper and Usopp who were riding in the Brachio Tank V.
Anime and Manga Differnces
In Rasetsu Town, Monjiro is replaced with another short samurai. Both have conical hats and beaded necklaces, but their facial features and color schemes are different.
- Part of his name means "crest" (紋 mon?). Mon are Japanese emblems that identify individuals or families, like the Kozuki Family's crest.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 92 Chapter 926 (p. 4) and Episode 918, The Kozuki Family's allies received secret messages of signaling a revolt.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 97 Chapter 975 (p. 13-14) and Episode 979, Denjiro frees the Rasetsu Town prisoners to join in the raid.
- Vivre Card - One Piece Visual Dictionary (EX Characters: Wano Country Arc Vol. 3 #1313), Monjiro is named.
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 98 Chapter 990 (p. 10), Monjiro, Jujiro, and Omasa attack the Beasts Pirates.
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 93 Chapter 939 (p. 8), Everyone with a moon tattoo on their ankle is arrested and imprisoned in Rasetsu Town.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 93 Chapter 942 (p. 13) and Episode 940.
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 97 Chapter 978 (p. 11).
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 97 Chapter 981 (p. 12), Kinemon's Eastern forces split up at Woman Trouble and hide from Big Mom.
- One Piece Anime — Episode 935, Monjiro is replaced with another samurai in Rasetsu Town.