Appearance[edit | edit source]
The Naglfar is a Viking ship with a bovinae skull figurehead over a plethora of feathers. It has numerous wooden shields at its outer rail with different designs, with several slim oars beneath them. It has a large a structure that resembles the huts seen on Elbaf, with a matching figurehead on the front of the roof. It has two masts at either end of the ship, each have a sail and a crow's nest. The front sail features an image of a Nordic dragon, and the second has vertical dark and light stripes. It is a very large ship, fitting its crew of giants.
In the anime, the skull is white and the feathers are light brown. In the Digitally Colored Manga, the skull is red and the feathers are yellow, and the body is also red.
History[edit | edit source]
Dressrosa Arc[edit | edit source]
In preparation for Hajrudin and his allies to escape Dressrosa, the Naglfar was docked with several other ships far away from the coast. Once the entourage made it to the ships, the Naglfar set sail along with all the others. After Hajrudin (as the representative of the New Giant Warrior Pirates) pledged his allegiance to the Straw Hat Pirates and partied to celebrate it, he sailed away on the Naglfar.
The Stories of the Self-Proclaimed Straw Hat Grand Fleet[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Naglfar is a ship from Norse mythology.
References[edit | edit source]
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 80 Chapter 800 (p. 2-3) and Episode 745, Naglfar's first appearance.
- SBS One Piece Manga — Vol. 81, The names of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet ships are revealed.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 80 Chapter 799 and Episode 744.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 80 Chapter 801 and Episode 746.
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 89 Chapter 895, cover story: The Stories of the Self-Proclaimed Straw Hat Grand Fleet Vol. 27.
[edit | edit source]