Namur appears to be a shark fish-man. His shark-like teeth stick out of his mouth from his lower jaw, with three small teeth on each side. He also has three pairs of gills on his neck.
He is somewhat short and rotund in shape, and his hair is arranged in spikes pointing upwards, similar to Gecko Moria. He has the number "8" tattooed to the left side of his neck to represent the division that he leads. He also wears a white t-shirt with sky blue sleeves with the star logo for the Criminal brand (colored orange) on his chest. Due to his legs not being visible in the manga, in the anime he was given standard grey pants held up by a belt. Also in the anime, he is also seen with a gray shark fin protruding from his back, and no shoes.
Namur is very loyal to the Whitebeard Pirates and Whitebeard, as he was willing to risk his own life in order to save Ace from execution during the war at Marineford.
Abilities and Powers
As the commander of the 8th division of the Whitebeard Pirates, Namur has authority over the lower-ranking subordinates. As a fish-man, he is ten times stronger than an average human on land, and twice that in water, although since he is a division commander it can be assumed that he is even stronger than that.
Namur's combat capabilities are more portrayed in the anime than in the manga. He is shown as an adept martial artist, though whether or not he knows Fish-Man Karate is unknown. He was also shown to have extremely strong jaws, much like Arlong, to the point where he could even destroy a battle axe with his teeth easily.
Concludes non-canon section.
Summit War Saga
When Portgas D. Ace was to be executed, Namur and the other Whitebeard Pirates sailed to Marineford to save him. During the Summit War of Marineford, he was one of the commanders who helped lead Monkey D. Luffy toward the execution platform despite Admiral Kizaru standing in their way.
After Little Oars Jr. carried the Moby Dick past the Encircling Wall, Namur joined in the charge into the plaza. After Whitebeard was brutally murdered by the Blackbeard Pirates, Namur questioned what Blackbeard was doing with Whitebeard's body.
He, along with the rest of the crew, attended Whitebeard's and Ace's funeral at an undisclosed location somewhere in the New World.
During the Timeskip
One year after the war at Marineford, the remnants of the Whitebeard Pirates fought against the Blackbeard Pirates but ultimately lost. They went into hiding and have not been seen since their defeat.
- Whitebeard Pirates and their subordinate crews vs. the Marines and Seven Warlords of the Sea
- Whitebeard Pirates (under Marco) vs. Blackbeard Pirates (unseen, during timeskip)
- Namur appears to be the only Whitebeard division commander to have his division number written anywhere on his body, his being below his left jaw bone.
- Namur is the only non human division commander of the Whitebeard Pirates.
- While without one in the series, Treasure Cruise gives him the epithet "One-Hit Namur" (一撃のナミュール Ichigeki no namyūru?).
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 57 Chapter 552 and Episode 461, Namur makes his debut.
- One Piece Blue Deep: Characters World (p. 124), Namur's birthday is given.
- Vivre Card - One Piece Visual Dictionary (EX Characters: Whitebeard Pirates Vol. 1 #0605).
- SBS One Piece Manga — Vol. 58, The names of the 16 division commanders are revealed.
- One Piece Anime — Episode 479.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 57 Chapter 562 and Episode 471.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 58 Chapter 566 and Episode 475.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 59 Chapter 577 and Episode 486.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 59 Chapter 580 and Episode 489.
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 82 Chapter 820.