The New Giant Warrior Pirates are a pirate crew led by Hajrudin. The crew is a spiritual revival of the Giant Warrior Pirates that disbanded 100 years ago. They were once part of Buggy's Delivery, before leaving to become the sixth ship of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet after the events on Dressrosa.
They also are one of the central characters from The Stories of the Self-Proclaimed Straw Hat Grand Fleet Cover Page Serial.
The crew's Jolly Roger is completely black, consisting of a skull with a helmet with two horns, and with two crossed swords underneath. The design is similar to that of the original Giant Warrior Pirates, with the only difference this shows the base of the helmet.
Currently, the crew only has five members.
|Buggy's Delivery ‡||Straw Hat Grand Fleet|
- †: the character is deceased.
- *: the character's status is unknown. Hovering the symbol may give further details.
- ≠: the character is non-canon.
- ‡: the character is no longer part of this group. Hovering the symbol may give further details.
The Naglfar is a Viking ship with a bovinae skull figurehead over a plethora of feathers. It has numerous wooden shields at its outer rail with different designs, with several slim oars beneath them. It has a large a structure that resembles the huts seen on Elbaf, with a matching figurehead on the front of the roof. It has two masts at either end of the ship, each have a sail and a crow's nest. The front sail features an image of a Nordic dragon, and the second has vertical dark and light stripes. It is a very large ship, fitting its crew of giants.
In the anime, the skull is white and the feathers are light brown. In the Digitally Colored Manga, the skull is red and the feathers are yellow, and the body is also red.
It can be expected that despite having only 5 members that the New Giant Warrior Pirates are a very strong crew because all the members are giants from Elbaf. Their captain Hajrudin was able to defeat Machvise, an officer of the infamous Donquixote Pirates. Another testament to their power is that they caused major upset when they resigned from Buggy's Delivery.
During the TimeskipEdit
The crew then joined the Buggy's Delivery, and were classified as S-Class Mercenaries.
After the battle on Dressrosa, Hajrudin asked if the budding crew could become subordinates of the Straw Hat Pirates. Although Luffy declined, he nevertheless accepted them as comrades and friends, to which Hajrudin and the rest of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet representatives drank to.
The Stories of the Self-Proclaimed Straw Hat Grand FleetEdit
After resigning from Buggy's Delivery, Hajrudin and his crew sailed away from Buggy's headquarters. Buggy was furious at their resignation and added each member to the deserters list: Hajrudin, the captain; Stansen, the shipwright; Road, the navigator; Goldberg, the cook; and Gerd, the doctor.
- They are the only known pirate crew, other than the Straw Hat Pirates, with each member having a defined position.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 71 Chapter 706 (p. 10) and Episode 639, Hajrudin makes his debut.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 91 Chapter 919, The crew's Jolly Roger is shown
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 77 Chapter 770, Hajrudin defeats Machvise
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 One Piece Manga — Vol. 80 Chapter 803, Hajrudin and his crew leave Buggy's Delivery.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 80 Chapter 799 (p. 14-17) and Episode 744, Hajrudin asked to become a subordinate under Luffy on behalf on the to-be New Giant Warrior Pirates.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 80 Chapter 800 and Episode 745, Hajrudin and the other six representatives drink to Luffy.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 89 Chapter 895, cover story: The Stories of the Self-Proclaimed Straw Hat Grand Fleet Vol. 27.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 89–90 Chapters 896–901, cover story: The Stories of the Self-Proclaimed Straw Hat Grand Fleet Vol. 28-32.