New Marineford is an island in the New World that currently contains Marine Headquarters. It formerly contained the Marine Base G-1 until after the Battle of Marineford, when Fleet Admiral Sakazuki switched the bases' locations.
Little is known about the geography surrounding the Headquarters, but part of it appears to be rocky. Small bubbles populate the air, similar to those produced by the Yarukiman Mangrove in the Sabaody Archipelago.
The Marine Headquarters is built in a mainly western style, in contrast to the one on Marineford which resembled ancient Japanese architecture. The biggest feature of the base is two massive arches that converge on the center of it. The base is surrounded by a circular stone wall lined with turrets, and rising above the wall from within it is a stone tower that has the Headquarters surrounded by a circular wall on top of it. The main Headquarters building has an ancient Japanese design just like the one on Marineford, with a large entrance and a pagoda-shaped upper structure.
During the TimeskipEdit
While reading about Luffy's exploits at Totto Land, Sakazuki received a report that Princess Komane of the Lulusia Kingdom was kidnapped by pirates while heading to the Levely. He later heard that Issho went to Mary Geoise.
- The One Piece Film: Z, set after the timeskip, shows a different version of the Marine Headquarters base, resembling more a traditional Marine Base with its many towers built into the island and the wave-imitating paint job, giving it a far more militaristic feel, alluding probably to the fact that the new headquarters used to be G-1, and thus was originally a normal Marine fortress base.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 70 Chapter 700 and Episode 629, New Marineford is first seen.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 One Piece Manga — Vol. 90 Chapter 903, Koby reveals New Marineford's name.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 61 Chapter 598 (p. 10) and Episode 517, Humphrey tells Nami that the new fleet admiral moved Marine Headquarters to the New World.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 90 Chapter 905.