Nidai Kitetsu is a moderately curved katana with a light purple edge and a distinct blue hamon that has the appearance of flames. Its tsuba is gold and shaped like a rounded cross pattée. The hilt is wrapped purple.
The sheath of the sword has a deep purple and pale purple stripe and continues the design of the hilt, having two gold clasps in short succession around its middle which is a white wrapping, and the kojiri end cap also being gold.
Little is known about Nidai Kitetsu's capabilities, though, given its O Wazamono grade, it is undoubtedly among the finest blades in the world, being the second strongest of the Kitetsu swords with incredible sharpness and strength, on pair with legendary swords Wado Ichimonji, Shusui, Enma and Ame no Habarkiri. In the anime, Luffy managed to use it to cleanly cut through multiple swords with great ease despite his lack of skills.
Wano Country ArcEdit
It had been in the possession of Hitetsu until Luffy borrowed it when he took Tama to a doctor. Upon seeing it, Zoro became interested and repeatedly requested Luffy to let him see it up close. The opportunity, however, never came as Luffy and Zoro were forced to face Basil Hawkins, in which Luffy casually threw aside the sheath (much to Zoro's chagrin) in preparation to fight (in which he simply threw a punch with the sword in hand) and then being immersed in conversation with Tama.
After Luffy was defeated by Kaido, Nidai Kitetsu was presumably confiscated by the Beasts Pirates and was at Udon. After the take over at Udon, the sword was retrieved by Kikunojo and returned to Hitetsu.
- It seems from their names and classifications, the Kitetsu were made weaker with each new sword. Nidai Kitetsu was the second to be made. It is graded in the O Wazamono making it the middle of the three swords in terms of strength.
- The handle and sheath is shaped in the exact same style as Sandai Kitetsu. Most likely due to Hitetsu crafted Sandai Kitetsu while imitating the design of his ancestor's masterpiece.
- Its samegawa was colored blue on the cover of Shonen Jump 2018 Issue 47, but was later shown to be purple on the cover of Volume 91 and on the cover of Shonen Jump 2019 Issue 17.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 11 Chapter 97 and Episode 49, Ipponmatsu talks about the cursed Kitetsu swords.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 91 Chapter 913 (p. 4) and Episode 898, Luffy fight Hawkins' men.