Ship Design and Appearance
The Nostra Castello followed the crew's theme of a fortress, equipped with various weapons and having a castle in place of a cabin. The figurehead was a rook with dual cannons. The bottom front sail had a simplified version of the crew's Jolly Roger, while the top sail had the captain's name, "BEGE", on it.
The ship had retractable tank treads on the side, allowing the ship to move forward without the need of the sails, similar to a paddle-ship. It also allowed the ship to travel on land.
During the timeskip, the front gained further reinforcements around the bow area.
Summit War Saga
Four Emperors Saga
Whole Cake Island Arc
After their failed attempt to assassinate Charlotte Linlin, the crew boarded the Nostra Castello and escaped from Whole Cake Island. Bege decide to take the shortest route to Cacao Island to pick up his wife Chiffon. Upon arriving at Cacao Island's port, the Fire Tank Pirates were ordered to surrender by Charlotte Oven who held Chiffon hostage. However, after Bege freed Chiffon from Oven's clutches, the crew decided to keep moving forward, revealing that the ship can travel on land, before retrieving Chiffon and securing the second wedding cake. They then departed to meet the Thousand Sunny at sea. During the escape from Cacao Island, Oven tried to stop them by boiling the sea, causing some damage to the ship.
As the Castello sailed away, and as the chefs on board made the finishing touches on the back up cake, Bege planned to poison the cake, but was stopped by Sanji. The cake was completed as the ship approached the Thousand Sunny and Big Mom. After contacting the Big Mom Pirates, the ship sailed toward Liqueur Island, luring Big Mom and her crew away. Chiffon ultimately decided to head for Funwari Island instead to distance themselves from the Straw Hats, and by the time they reached it, they just managed to disembark with the cake as the Nostra Castello sank from the damage dealt to it by Prometheus.
- The ship's name means "our castle" in Italian although the correct association would have been "Nostro Castello" since Castello (castle) is a male noun.
- The ship's name is likely a reference to "Cosa Nostra", the Italian name for the Sicilian Mafia, fitting in with the mafia theme of the crew.
- This is the first ship of another member of the Worst Generation that is named in the manga. Law’s Polar Tang was named in an SBS question.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 59 Chapter 581 (p. 3) and Episode 490, The Nostra Castello makes its debut at Marineford.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 88 Chapter 882 (p. 15) and Episode 855, The Nostra Castello is named.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 89 Chapter 899 (p. 3) and Episode 874, The Nostra Castello is destroyed.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 60 Chapter 594 (p. 11) and Episode 511, The Nostra Castello flys into the air.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 88 Chapter 887 (p. 4-5) and Episode 860, The Nostra Castello travels on land.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 88 Chapter 887 (p. 2-16) and Episodes 860–861, The Fire Tank Pirates travel to and from Cacao Island.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 88 Chapter 889 (p. 8-10) and Episode 863, Capone and Sanji argue about the cake.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 89 Chapter 891 (p. 13-17) and Episode 866, The back up cake is finished.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 89 Chapter 892 (p. 2-13) and Episodes 866–867, The Fire Tank Pirates sail to Liqueur Island followed by the Big Mom Pirates.