The Numbers are comparable in size to giants, utterly dwarfing humans and longarms like Scratchmen Apoo. They all possess two horns on their heads, much like Kaido, and two of them carry a spiked club similar to Kaido's kanabō, thus giving them traits similar to those of the legendary oni. Two of them have been shown with very sharp teeth. Their physical constitutions vary greatly, with some being taller and slimmer while others are shorter and rounder. One member has a notably long neck.
According to Queen, every member of the Numbers has a drinking problem. A child from Hakumai told another child that they would be eaten by the Numbers if spotted, but it is unknown whether this is the truth or merely a myth. Likewise, he also said that they were from Onigashima, but it is unclear whether he meant that they were native beings of Onigashima or that they were members of the Beasts Pirates who are situated in Onigashima, hence stating that they were from there.
The Numbers have been associated with Kaido and the Beasts Pirates for at least 20 years, as one of them was shown to pursue the fleeing Nine Red Scabbards on their way back to Oden Castle. As Inuarashi and Nekomamushi began blaming each other for Oden's fate, a comparatively small and roundish Number took advantage of their distraction and caught them both in its bare hands, forcing Denjiro and Ashura to turn back in order to aid them and slow down the pursuing Beasts Pirates.
Wano Country ArcEdit
- Like many characters, some of the Numbers have signature laughs, which all include numbers.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 One Piece Manga — Vol. 95 Chapter 954 (p. 13-15), The Numbers make their debut.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 96 Chapter 973 (p. 5), A Number is shown among the members of the Beasts Pirates as they chase the Nine Red Scabbards.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 One Piece Manga — Chapter 977 (p. 16-17), A Number participate in the party in Onigashima.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 One Piece Manga — Chapter 978 (p. 14), Some Numbers participate in the Golden Kagura.