An Officer is a high-ranking member of any group (besides the Marines) that commands lower-ranking members.
Role and DutiesEdit
Officers are members of pirate crews or other organizations that are trusted enough by the leader to be given authority over the rest of the group. They issue commands to other crew members but still answer to the group's leader. There can also be officers that have authority over other officers, such as the Elite Officers of the Donquixote Pirates, or the Sweet Commanders of the Big Mom Pirates.
Officers are usually the stronger fighters of an organization, but sometimes fill out other professions besides fighting. For example, Nami was an officer of the Arlong Pirates, but mostly acted as the crew's navigator than anything else.
Taking a role similar to the first mates, or staff chiefs and officers, being close to the captain and giving orders to lower-ranking members, sometimes members with those occupations can find themselves among the lines of the officers. As is the case with Benn Beckman, first mate of the Red Hair Pirates, or Trebol, staff officer of the Donquixote Pirates.
- †: the character is deceased.
- *: the character's status is unknown, or show additional information. Hovering the symbol may give further details.
- ≠: the character is non-canon.
- ‡: the character is no longer part of this group. Hovering the symbol may give further details.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 1 Chapter 1 (p. 5) and Episode 4, The Red Hair Pirates debut.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 74 Chapter 732 (p. 13-15) and Episode 664, Leo explains the Donquixote Family's hierarchy.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 8 Chapter 69 (p. 19) and Episode 31, Nami is introduced as an Arlong Pirates officer.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 91 Chapter 914 (p. 16) and Episode 901, The headliners role is mentioned by Kiku.