Omasa is a large man with light colored hair, with two braids at the front of his face and bells at the end of them. He has thin whiskers and a large scar over his right eye.
Being a yakuza boss, he had the respect of his followers from Udon, as well as the other yakuza bosses of his time, being able to work alongside them. He seems to highly respect Hyogoro, and would threaten those who offend the elder as well as obey his commands. He is also caring and brave. After he was infected by the Ice Oni virus, he was willing to commit suicide to prevent himself from attacking and infecting his comrades.
Abilities and Powers
At a certain point in his past, he became the yakuza boss of the Udon region of Wano Country. After the Beasts Pirates took over the country, he opposed them and ended up in the Prisoner Mine in Udon.
Wano Country Arc
After Monkey D. Luffy led a rebellion in the prison, Omasa was freed with the rest of the prisoners. The yakuza bosses later approached Hyogoro to show him respect, and upon seeing Luffy's casual way of addressing Hyogoro, they tried to punish Luffy, only to be stopped by Hyogoro. The bosses then let Luffy go and left to recruit their followers from across Wano.
The rebels gathered at Habu Port and on the day of the Fire Festival, they joined the Nine Red Scabbards at Tokage Port on a fleet of ships. After the alliance infiltrated Onigashima, the rebels received Beasts Pirates disguises from Kin'emon. Omasa then joined Denjiro in the southern forces.
Later, as the Ninja-Pirate-Mink-Samurai Alliance waged war in Kaidou's stronghold, Omasa struck down some Beasts Pirates. After he was infected with the Ice Oni plague unleashed by Queen, Omasa was about to kill himself, but Hyogoro stopped him. Omasa later completely transformed into an Ice Oni before Zoro acquired the antidote from Apoo. When Marco used his flames, Omasa regained his senses. While Chopper worked on mass-producing the antidote, the yakuza leaders and X Drake guarded him.
As Omasa was succumbing to the Ice Oni virus again, he requested Tsunagoro to end his life. However, Chopper managed to successfully mass-produce the antidote and cure all the infected, including Omasa.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 94 Chapter 952 (p. 8-10) and Episode 946, Omasa makes his debut.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 93 Chapter 940 (p. 16) and Episode 937, Hyogoro talks about the yakuza bosses.
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 98 Chapter 994 (p. 9).
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 95 Chapter 955 (p. 10).
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 97 Chapter 975 (p. 14-17).
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 97 Chapter 979 (p. 3).
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 98 Chapter 990 (p. 10).
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 99 Chapter 997.
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 99 Chapter 998.
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 100 Chapter 1007.