One Piece: Super Grand Battle! X is a Nintendo 3DS game published by Bandai and developed by Ganbarion, and it's the sequel to the Grand Battle! and Gigant Battle series. It seems to focus on the New World and more than 85 of its characters.
The game is a possible throwback to the 2D-based Grand Battle games, in which as styled akin to the Gigant Battle games, battles take place on a 2D plane with various platforms and more noticeable stage hazards. This time however, character models are in higher quality compared to the two aforementioned games, and a few more items are featured. Also, there can now be 4 players on the battlefield and several graphical changes have been made to make it distinct from the said Grand Battle games.
Each player can also choose 2 playable characters to use in a Tag Team style combat system dubbed as the Character Carnival, referencing the Pirate Alliance theme, and making it akin to Jump Super Stars and Jump Ultimate Stars (a prior Ganbarion-developed series in which One Piece characters appear in) via its Dream Combo (though they can choose to tag in normally). Both characters can use combination attacks which change depending on the characters selected. Tying into the 4 player modes, this allows up to around 8 characters total on the battlefield.
All characters can perform 5 different weak and strong attacks, as well as some possible special abilities. A total of 3 super moves can be performed, with the first two being akin to the attacks used in Grand Battle! Rush. All characters also have a reworked-classical throwback super to the Secret Attack from Grand Battle 3 onwards (especially in terms of the BGM used), but it works more as an interactive form of attack for most characters.
Each Playable character has at least one Ultimate Secret Skill (akin to the aforementioned Secret Attack), which, when activated, turns the screen red:
Before the Timeskip
After the Timeskip
Over 300 characters appear as Skill Characters in the game. This includes all aforementioned playable and support characters, as well as those on the following list.
- Kuro, Jango, Buchi, Sham, Kaya and the Usopp Pirates (Gecko Islands)
- Straw Hat Pirates (Thousand Sunny, Normal Version)
- Ace, Garp, Sengoku, and the three Admirals: Akainu, Aokiji, and Kizaru (Marineford)
- Buggy and Odacchi (Sabaody Archipelago)
- Edward Newgate and Gol D. Roger (Roger and Whitebeard's Final Meeting place Stage)
- Megalo (Fish-Man Island Stage)
- Leo (Tontatta Kingdom Stage)
- Elizabello II and Don Chinjao (Corrida Colosseum Stage)
- Giolla (Thousand Sunny, Art-Art Version)
- Pica (Dressrosa Palace)
- Thunder Soldier and Scarlett's grave (Flower Hill)
- Dr. Usodabada, Namifia, and the Usodabadan Three Villains (Giant Luffy Bomber)
- Gecko Islands hill slope
- Thousand Sunny (Normal / Art-Art)
- Sabaody Archipelago Summit War Broadcast stage
- Roger and Whitebeard's Final Meeting place
- Fish-Man Island
- Dragon Number Thirteen
- Tontatta Kingdom
- Corrida Colosseum
- Dressrosa Palace
- Flower Hill
- Anime 15th anniversary special stage
- Giant Luffy Bomber
- Burn Bazooka
- Little Dragon
- Brachio Tank V
- Yellow Great Rhinoceros Beetle
- Sabo as a playable fighter.
- Nintendo characters costumes for the Straw Hat Pirates:
- Roger and Whitebeard's Final Meeting place Stage resembles the same stage in One Piece: Gigant Battle! 2 New World, even with the same physical stage layout.
- This is the first video game to feature Akainu's post-timeskip appearance.
- Strangely, in the opening, he appeared with his pre-timeskip appearance.
- This is the first video game to feature the Donquixote Family members.
- After two games, Killer finally appeared in this series as a support character.
- Several characters make their in-game debut such as Zephyr and Sabo.
- Sabo is a playable character, both as "Lucy" then later his regular appearance as a secret character (but with the Mera Mera No Mi mixed in his fighting style).
- The Straw Hats' promotional poses in their Nintendo costumes are directly referencing the Nintendo characters' poses in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U (which was released the same year as this game).
- As part of Zoro's Link costume, he wields the Master Sword in his mouth as part of his Three Sword Style style.
- In the Gecko Islands stage, the Usopp Pirates and Kaya have their post-timeskip appearance. However, the Black Cat Pirates appear as they first do in the Syrup Village Arc.
- Official Website: http://www.bandaigames.channel.or.jp/list/opj/
- First Scan: http://i.imgur.com/nlAivd4.jpg
- First PV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KqRQ5OQzXU
- New Scan