|This article is about content that has yet to be officially released.|
Nothing but facts should be added to it, and speculation is prohibited.
A live-action adaptation of One Piece is currently in development. Eiichiro Oda will serve as executive producer for the series alongside CEO Marty Adelstein and Becky Clements of the American company Tomorrow Studios. It was first revealed on July 21, 2017 by Weekly Shonen Jump editor-in-chief Hiroyuki Nakano to commemorate the manga's 20th anniversary.
Speaking about the series, Oda commented that "the first condition [he] presented is that the live-action [sic] will be faithful to the fans who have supported ‘One Piece’ for 20 years". A few days later, Adelstein predicted that the series' budget "could set a new record for the highest production cost in television drama history" as "the work's worldwide fame merits this scale of production".
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Live-Action Series Announcement - Variety
- ↑ Series 'Could Set New Record for TV Production Costs' - Anime News Network
- ↑ GameByte: A Live-Action One Piece Series Is Now Listed On Netflix’s Site
- ↑ Netflix: One Piece (archived)
- ↑ Netflix Site Error - Page Not Found (formerly "One Piece" listing)