Blogs are ways to communicate with other users in a more casual and open manner than in talk pages or forums. In blogs, users have the ability to quickly and easily comment on opinions, as well as share ideas quickly and efficiently. While blogs are more lightly regulated, there are some restrictions to prevent pointless blogs.
- Blogs must contain some content. Short, few-sentence blogs, or blogs lacking sufficient content to begin a conversation are forbidden and subject to administrative deletion.
- This means blogs must have a minimum length of about a paragraph, and contain a few substantial ideas in it.
- Rudeness and the insulting of other users will not be tolerated. Remember that other users may have opinions that may contradict your own. Be respectful.
- Blogs containing advertising may be subject to deletion, depending on the content of the blog.
- Any blog's title may not be identical to an article's title.
- Blogs must be related to One Piece or to the One Piece Wiki.
- Blogs about future bounties are not allowed.
- Blogs which only compare the strengths of two characters are not allowed.
- Blogs with comment sections that get out of hand (ex: turn into flame wars) will have the comments locked.
- Blogs are not allowed to have any categories added to them aside from Category:Blog posts.
Chat Room/Discord Server
The chat room is a place to communicate with other users quickly and efficiently. In order to use the chat room, you must have an account. Remember that the chat room is a privilege, and can be taken away at administrator discretion. Chat moderators and administrators hold the power to kick and ban users from the chat. These rules now apply to the One Piece Wiki Discord Server since the Wikia Live Chat is rendered obsolete.
Chat Ban Policy
- Insulting, threatening, or being rude to other users.
- Spamming the chat. This can include, but is not limited to
- Repeatedly posting the same links
- Writing the same thing over and over again
- Continuously talking in a language other than English, or
- Posting inappropriate images in the chat.
- Linking of pornographic material in the main chat.
- Disruption to the chat, such as racism, religious debates, flame wars, bashing and gore links/discussions are also not acceptable.
- Inciting people in chat to "invade" another wiki's chat for the purpose of spam, insulting users, or any other form of antisocial behavior. This may result in bans on multiple wikis, not just this one.
- Bothering other chat users by private messaging (also known as DMing or PMing)
Steps of a Ban
- A ban-worthy chat offense is first served with a warning, either verbal or in the form of a kick, from a chat moderator or administrator.
- The second warning is followed by a ban from chat. In order to debate the length of your ban, you can contact the moderator who performed the action.
- Creating a new account to circumvent an existing ban will result in the banned account(s) being banned for an increased period and the new account being permanently banned.
The full list of rules for our Discord server can be found on its rules channel. All of the normal chat rules apply to the Discord server, and there are a few additional guidelines that focus on features exclusive to Discord (such as bot usage and linking to other servers).
When you enter the Discord chat, you will automatically be assigned the Aspiring Pirates role. If you have a FANDOM account, you can message an admin or moderator and they will give you the Crewmates role; this role grants a small number of extra privileges compared to Aspiring Pirates.
The Discord server has an established three-step warning system to address users who break rules. Some actions, like using offensive words and posting invites to other servers, will trigger automatic discipline from the server bot.
- Warn: The user will be automatically muted for around 10 minutes.
- Jail: The user will be confined to a single channel for a certain amount of time, which is up to the mods.
- Ban: The user will be banned from the server, either temporarily or permanently.
Certain egregious actions, such as posting blatant personal attacks or pornographic content, will result in the user being immediately kicked or banned at the discretion of the mods and admins.