Gyukimaru is a very large man with a face resembling a mask. He wears a dark kimono, light pants, and a light cape, and carries many weapons on his back. He also wears a very large bead necklace.
Gyukimaru greatly reveres the legends of Ryuma, and so went to great lengths to return Shusui to his grave. He is rather pragmatic in battle and always looks for an opening on his opponent, even when they are distracted or caught up by something else altogether.
Abilities and Powers
Gyukimaru is a skilled thief, being able to successfully steal Shusui from Zoro and make his way halfway across Wano Country at a fast pace.
True to his size, Gyukimaru has enormous strength to clash equally with Zoro.
Gyukimaru's main weapon is a very long bisento, which grants him great size and range in addition to cutting power.
He also carries around a very large variety of weapons on his back.
Wano Country Arc
Gyukimaru was in Ebisu Town when he spotted the sword Shusui and took it. He went to Ringo and returned it to Ryuma's grave, and then confronted Roronoa Zoro, whom he had taken Shusui from, on Oihagi Bridge. Refusing to believe Zoro rightfully earned the sword, Gyukimaru battled him to take his other two swords. A woman and a girl named Toko then came onto the scene being chased by Kamazo, and as Zoro turned his attention to Kamazo, Gyukimaru repeatedly tried striking at his openings, annoying the swordsman.
- Gyukimaru vs. Roronoa Zoro
- Gyukimaru is likely based on Benkei, a Japanese warrior monk who was said to have stolen weapons from samurai whom he believed to be unworthy.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 One Piece Manga — Vol. 93 Chapter 936, Gyukimaru makes his debut.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 One Piece Manga — Vol. 93 Chapter 937.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 93 Chapter 935.