Overview[edit | edit source]
Operating in secret, the Orochi Oniwabanshu defended Orochi from any potential threats. Being noted by Shinobu as a group of extremely capable ninja, they were masters of Ninjutsu and are capable of moving around in secret to catch intruders by surprise, including the extremely sharp-witted Nico Robin.
Members[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
Wano Country Arc[edit | edit source]
The Orochi Oniwabanshu spotted Nico Robin sneaking around Orochi Castle and caught her by surprise inside one of its rooms. The captain Fukurokuju then came in and gave Robin a chance to explain herself. The ninja tried to arrest Robin, but they only attacked a duplicate created by her Devil Fruit powers. The group then dispersed throughout the castle to find her. Daikoku recognized her when she was helping Toko escape.
Some of the other ninjas confronted Robin in the banquet hall, but she was assisted by Brook's spirit form arriving and frightening them, allowing her to easily knock them away with some giant hands. Meanwhile, Hanzo discovered Shinobu and Nami in the space above the ceiling as they were peeking into the hall. Shinobu incapacitated him by throwing a projectile into his groin.
After the Straw Hat Pirates began causing chaos at Rasetsu Town right after Shimotsuki Yasuie's execution, the Orochi Oniwabanshu entered the conflict. Some of them pursued Roronoa Zoro and Kozuki Hiyori into a forest, where Zoro cut them down.
On the day of the Fire Festival, they accompanied Orochi to Onigashima. After Kaido gave a speech about the "New Onigashima Project", they watched in complete shock and horror when Kaido betrayed and decapitated Orochi as he outlived his usefulness. Each member was then given an ultimatum to either become part of Kaido's crew or die, with Fukurokuju quickly submitting to Kaido, much to the relief of some of his subordinates.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Orochi Oniwabanshu is most likely based on the Oniwaban, a group of undercover security guards employed by the Japanese shogun in the feudal era.
- The former shogunate also had a group that went by "Kozuki Oniwabanshu" of which Raizo and Shinobu were members.
References[edit | edit source]
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 92 Chapter 931 (p. 11-13) and Episode 925, The Orochi Oniwabanshu debut.
- One Piece Manga — Chapter 986 (p. 6), Fukurokuju and Hotei pledge their factions to Kaido.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 93 Chapter 932 (p. 3-6, 16-17) and Episodes 926–927.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 93 Chapter 933 (p. 5-10) and Episode 928.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 94 Chapter 945 (p. 4-5, 7, 10-11) and Episode 943.
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 94 Chapter 950 (p. 14-15).
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 95 Chapter 958 (p. 6-7).
- One Piece Manga — Chapter 985.
- One Piece Manga — Chapter 990.
[edit | edit source]