Paramecia is one of the three Devil Fruit types, being the most common out of them. This type of Devil Fruit allows the user to achieve one of a large variety of abilities that enable their consumers to become superhuman or perform a superhuman feat.
- 1 Overview
- 2 Paramecia-Type Users
- 3 Paramecia-Types
- 4 Strengths
- 5 Weaknesses
- 6 Translation and Dub Issues
- 7 Trivia
- 8 References
- 9 Site Navigation
The defining aspect of Paramecia fruit abilities is that they do not enable the user to transform into an animal like a Zoan, or transform into a natural element like a Logia. Thus, Paramecia encompasses a massive range of wildly varying powers. That being said, just about every Paramecia ability can be placed in three general categories: altering the user's body, altering the environment, and generating a substance. Some fruits can only fall into one of these categories, while others can fall into multiple depending on how they're used.
Bodily alteration caused by Paramecia fruits comes in many forms. Some fruits permanently change the composition of the user's body; for example, the user of the Gomu Gomu no Mi will always have a rubbery body, and even if they are rendered unable to use their Devil Fruit ability, they will still stretch if acted upon by an outside force. Other Paramecia users are able to alter their body on command, with some users being able to transform certain parts of their body into other things, both organic and inorganic. Examples include the Buki Buki no Mi user transforming their body parts into a variety of weapons, and the Mane Mane no Mi user transforming into other people. In almost all instances, abilities that transform body parts into inanimate objects do not make their bodies intangible like a Logia transformation. Alternatively, the user may be able to change a property of their body, such as the Suke Suke no Mi allowing the user to turn invisible, or the Hira Hira no Mi letting the user make their body ripple like a two-dimensional flag. The Yomi Yomi no Mi is a special type of body altering fruit, as it enables the user's soul to return to the world of the living after death and reanimate their body, with most of their energy and life force now residing in their soul after resurrecting.
The Mochi Mochi no Mi has been called a "special Paramecia" (特殊な
Additionally, some Paramecia users are able to alter their bodies by interacting with the environment in a certain way. For example, the Baku Baku no Mi user gains the properties of anything they eat, and the Jake Jake no Mi's purpose is for the user to be worn by someone else and thus combine two people's strength.
Environment-altering Paramecias enable their users to achieve an unnatural effect on their environment. Some of these fruits work best on living organisms, some work best on inanimate objects, and others work equally well on anything. Many of these users are able to alter something around them by simply touching it, while others can produce a certain substance that is used to achieve the desired effect; for example, the Noro Noro no Mi user slows things down by hitting them with a photon beam, while Tama uses the Kibi Kibi no Mi by pulling a piece of kibi dango from her body and feeding it to the animal. A few fruits can create a special zone in which their alteration takes effect, such as the Ope Ope no Mi and Nagi Nagi no Mi. An environment altering user may gain a special level of control over a certain type of object, including objects that normal people would not be able to interact with. For example, the Kage Kage no Mi user can grab people's shadows and cut them off with scissors, and the Buku Buku no Mi user can perform supernatural actions with books like levitating them, inserting objects into them, and using their content to create illusions.
Alternatively, the user might transform part of their body to achieve the effect, such as the Horu Horu no Mi user transforming their fingers into needles to inject hormones into someone's body and the Choki Choki no Mi user transforming their arms into scissors to give the objects they cut the properties of paper. Some body-altering Paramecia users are also capable of applying the alteration to the surrounding environment, usually by touching it; for example, the Hira Hira no Mi user can make any object they touch ripple in addition to their own body. Several of these fruits can only extend their power to inanimate objects, like the Fuwa Fuwa no Mi and Pamu Pamu no Mi, although some can still affect other living beings like the Suke Suke no Mi.
Finally, some Paramecia fruits are capable of generating a specific substance. Many of these powers resemble Logia users' substance generation, as they typically enable the user to create a near-limitless amount of their substance and shape it with their minds as they please. However, except for the Mochi Mochi no Mi, users of these fruits cannot transform their bodies into a substance like Logia users can. The substances that Paramecia users can generate are distinctive from Logia substances in that Paramecia-generated substances are typically refined and manmade, while Logia substances are naturally occurring. As mentioned above, the only known distinction between the special Paramecia Mochi Mochi no Mi and Logia fruits is that mochi is a manmade substance. Some fruits generate extremely refined objects, such as biscuits, string and clothing. A few fruits can generate forces, like seismic waves and gravity.
A few substance generating fruits stand out from the others, as the substances they create are unnatural with very unique effects on the surrounding environment. Special generating fruits include the Bari Bari no Mi which can create impenetrable barriers with a maximum surface area, as well as the Hoya Hoya no Mi which summons a genie to fight on the user's behalf. The Horo Horo no Mi user is capable of creating ghosts that have a large variety of effects on the environment, including allowing the user to see what they see and inflicting negative emotions on people they pass through. Additionally, some fruits generate substances which are real but have unusual and sometimes even supernatural properties. These substances include bubbles that can wash away the strength of anyone affected, straw that can deflect damage to others, mucus that is flammable, butter that is adhesive instead of slippery, and cream that can burn skin.
- †: the character is deceased.
- *: the character's status is unknown, or show additional information. Hovering the symbol may give further details.
- ≠: the character is non-canon.
- ‡: the character is no longer part of this group. Hovering the symbol may give further details.
- Total Count: 78
- Gomu Gomu no Mi (English versions: Gum-Gum Fruit): Turns the user's body into rubber, giving them the power to stretch, bounce, and inflate, as well as making them immune to electricity and near impervious to blunt-force attacks and bullets. Eaten by Monkey D. Luffy.
- Bara Bara no Mi (English versions: Chop-Chop Fruit): Allows the user to split their body into separate pieces, which they can manipulate and levitate through the air. It also makes them immune to slashing attacks. Eaten by Buggy.
- Sube Sube no Mi (English versions: Slip-Slip Fruit/Smooth-Smooth Fruit): Makes the user's skin extremely smooth and slippery, causing things to slide off them. Eaten by Alvida.
- Bomu Bomu no Mi (English versions: Bomb-Bomb Fruit/Boom-Boom Fruit): Allows the user to create explosions from their body, as well as give explosive properties to their bodily secretions. Also makes the user immune to explosions. Eaten by Gem.
- Kiro Kiro no Mi (English versions: Kilo-Kilo Fruit): Allows the user to increase or decrease their body weight at will. Eaten by Mikita.
- Hana Hana no Mi (English versions: Flower-Flower Fruit): Allows the user to sprout duplicates of their body parts from any nearby surface. Eaten by Nico Robin.
- Doru Doru no Mi (English versions: Wax-Wax Fruit): Allows the user to create and control candle wax. Eaten by Galdino.
- Baku Baku no Mi (English versions: Munch-Munch Fruit): Allows the user to eat anything and transform their body to match the qualities of what they've recently eaten. Eaten by Wapol.
- Mane Mane no Mi (English versions: Clone-Clone Fruit): Allows the user to transform into a physical lookalike of any person whose face they have touched. Eaten by Kurozumi Higurashi until her death and later eaten by Bentham.
- Supa Supa no Mi (English versions: Dice-Dice Fruit): Allows the user to transform any part of their body into a blade, thus gaining slashing abilities and making their skin as hard as steel. Eaten by Daz Bonez.
- Toge Toge no Mi (English versions: Spike-Spike Fruit): Allows the user to grow strong pointy spikes from their body. Eaten by Zala.
- Ori Ori no Mi (English versions: Cage-Cage Fruit/Bind-Bind Fruit): Allows the user to create iron bindings on their opponents. Eaten by Hina.
- Bane Bane no Mi (English versions: Spring-Spring Fruit/Boing-Boing Fruit): Allows the user to turn their body and limbs into springs. Eaten by Bellamy.
- Ito Ito no Mi (English versions: String-String Fruit): Allows the user to create and control strings. Eaten by Donquixote Doflamingo.
- Noro Noro no Mi (English versions: Slow-Slow Fruit): Allows the user to emit special photons, anything hit by these photons will be trapped in a state of slow motion for 30 seconds. Eaten by Foxy.
- Doa Doa no Mi (English versions: Door-Door Fruit): Allows the user to create and open doors on anything, including walls, living beings, and even the air itself. Eaten by Blueno.
- Awa Awa no Mi (English versions: Bubble-Bubble Fruit): Allows the user to create and control soap bubbles that can clean anything, including strength. Eaten by Kalifa.
- Beri Beri no Mi (English versions: Berry-Berry Fruit): Allows the user to split their body into many spheres. Eaten by Very Good.
- Sabi Sabi no Mi (English versions: Rust-Rust Fruit): Allows the user to rust anything they touch, including organic material. Eaten by Shu.
- Shari Shari no Mi (English versions: Wheel-Wheel Fruit): Allows the user to turn their limbs into wheels. Eaten by Sharinguru.
- Horo Horo no Mi (English versions: Hollow-Hollow Fruit): Allows the user to create and control ghosts with different abilities, such as inflicting feelings of despair on people whom they pass through, or exploding with great force. The user can also make their own ghost leave their body as a form of astral projection. Eaten by Perona.
- Yomi Yomi no Mi (English versions: Revive-Revive Fruit): Allows the user's soul to return to the living world after dying, bringing the user back to life. The user can also make their returned soul temporarily leave their reanimated body. Eaten by Brook.
- Kage Kage no Mi (English versions: Shadow-Shadow Fruit): Allows the user to manifest and control shadows; they can animate and freely manipulate their own shadow, as well as steal and absorb other peoples shadows, making the user bigger and stronger. Stolen shadows can also be implanted into corpses, reanimating them. Eaten by Gecko Moria.
- Suke Suke no Mi (English versions: Clear-Clear Fruit): Allows the user to become invisible, as well as make anything they touch invisible. Eaten by Absalom until his death and later eaten by Shiryu.
- Nikyu Nikyu no Mi (English versions: Paw-Paw Fruit): Gives the user paw pads on their hands that can repel anything they touch. Eaten by Bartholomew Kuma.
- Jiki Jiki no Mi: Allows the user to manipulate magnetic forces. Eaten by Eustass Kid.
- Ope Ope no Mi (English versions: Op-Op Fruit): Allows the user to manifest a large sphere of aura, inside which they can manipulate the fabric of space, allowing the user to teleport, telekinetically move things, cleave things without actually damaging them, reassemble things into various combinations, and generate high voltage energy. Eaten by Trafalgar D. Water Law.
- Shiro Shiro no Mi (English versions: Castle-Castle Fruit): Allows the user to become a living fortress equipped with cannons, as well as letting them shrink people and objects who enter their body and house them inside. Eaten by Capone Bege.
- Wara Wara no Mi (English versions: Straw-Straw Fruit): Allows the user to create and control straw. They can also create straw voodoo dolls, allowing the user to transfer the damage they take to the dolls and, by extension, the people connected to them. Eaten by Basil Hawkins.
- Mero Mero no Mi (English versions: Love-Love Fruit): Allows the user to turn people that feel attraction for them into stone statues. Eaten by Boa Hancock.
- Doku Doku no Mi (English versions: Venom-Venom Fruit): Allows the user to create and control poison. Eaten by Magellan.
- Horu Horu no Mi (English versions: Horm-Horm Fruit): Allows the user to create special hormones that can alter a persons body in various ways, as well as turn their fingers into syringes that they can use to inject the hormones into a person's body. Eaten by Emporio Ivankov.
- Choki Choki no Mi (English versions: Snip-Snip Fruit): Allows the user to transform parts of their body into scissors. Anything cut by these scissors briefly gains the properties of paper. Eaten by Inazuma.
- Gura Gura no Mi (English versions: Tremor-Tremor Fruit): Allows the user to create quakes and shockwaves. Considered to be the most powerful Paramecia. Eaten by Edward Newgate and later stolen from him by Marshall D. Teach upon his death.
- Kira Kira no Mi: Allows the user to transform their body into diamond. Eaten by Jozu.
- Poke Poke no Mi: Allows the user to create pocket on their body where they can store objects, such as weapons, even very large objects that are bigger that the pocket holes themselves. The user can pull these stored objects and weapons back out at will. Eaten by Blamenco.
- Woshu Woshu no Mi (English versions: Wash-Wash Fruit): Allows the user to literally wash and fold a person as if they were laundry. It also makes the victim's heart cleaner. Eaten by Tsuru.
- Fuwa Fuwa no Mi (English versions: Float-Float Fruit): Allows the user to fly and make non-living things they touch levitate. Eaten by Shiki.
- Mato Mato no Mi (English versions: Mark-Mark Fruit): Allows the user to mark a person as their target by touching them so that any weapon thrown with that same hand will chase after the marked target. Eaten by Vander Decken IX.
- Fuku Fuku no Mi (English versions: Garb-Garb Fruit): Allows the user to create clothing. Eaten by Kin'emon.
- Hobi Hobi no Mi (English versions: Hobby-Hobby Fruit): Allows the user to turn people into subservient living toys, simultaneously erasing any memory of the victim from the minds of others. It also halts the user's aging. Eaten by Sugar.
- Buki Buki no Mi (English versions: Arms-Arms Fruit): Allows the user to transform their body into any kind of weapon. Eaten by Baby 5.
- Guru Guru no Mi (English versions: Spin-Spin Fruit): Allows the user to make any part of their body spin like a propeller. Eaten by Buffalo.
- Beta Beta no Mi (English versions: Stick-Stick Fruit): Allows the user to create and control mucus. Eaten by Trebol.
- Zushi Zushi no Mi: Allows the user to manipulate gravity. Eaten by Issho.
- Bari Bari no Mi (English versions: Barrier-Barrier Fruit): Allows the user to create barriers. Eaten by Kurozumi Semimaru until his death and later eaten by Bartolomeo.
- Nui Nui no Mi (English versions: Stitch-Stitch Power): Allows the user to stitch things together. Eaten by Leo.
- Giro Giro no Mi (English versions: Glare-Glare Fruit): Allows the user to see through solid objects and over vast distances, as well as see into people's minds and memories. Eaten by Viola.
- Ato Ato no Mi (English versions: Art-Art Fruit): Allows the user to transform people and objects into abstract art, rendering them unable to function. Eaten by Giolla.
- Jake Jake no Mi (English versions: Jacket-Jacket Fruit): Allows the user to transform into a whole-body jacket and control the body of the person wearing them. While being worn, the user can take advantage of both their own physical abilities and those of the person wearing them. Eaten by Kelly Funk.
- Pamu Pamu no Mi (English versions: Pop-Pop Fruit): Allows the user to expand and rupture their body, as well as any inorganic object they touch. Eaten by Gladius.
- Sui Sui no Mi (English versions: Swim-Swim Fruit): Allows the user to swim freely through solid ground and walls. Eaten by Senor Pink.
- Ton Ton no Mi (English versions: Ton-Ton Fruit): Allows the user to drastically increase their body weight. Eaten by Machvise.
- Hira Hira no Mi (English versions: Ripple-Ripple Fruit): Allows the user to give their body, as well as anything they touch, the properties of fabric, making it thin, flexible, and fluttering. Eaten by Diamante.
- Ishi Ishi no Mi (English versions: Stone-Stone Fruit): Allows the user to assimilate into and control stone. Eaten by Pica.
- Fude Fude no Mi: Allows the user to create ink, as well as manifest and manipulate anything they draw using a brush. Eaten by Kurozumi Kanjuro.
- Nagi Nagi no Mi (English versions: Calm-Calm Fruit): Allows the user to nullify sounds. Eaten by Donquixote Rosinante until his death.
- Chiyu Chiyu no Mi (English versions: Heal-Heal Fruit): Allows the user to heal people's wounds. Eaten by Mansherry.
- Soru Soru no Mi (English versions: Soul-Soul Fruit): Allows the user to extract people's souls and use them to bring objects to life. Eaten by Carmel until her death and later eaten by Charlotte Linlin.
- Mira Mira no Mi (English versions: Mirror-Mirror Fruit): Allows the user to create mirrors that can reflect attacks and act as entrances to the Mirro-World. Eaten by Charlotte Brûlée.
- Pero Pero no Mi (English versions: Lick-Lick Fruit): Allows the user to create and control candy. Eaten by Charlotte Perospero.
- Bisu Bisu no Mi (English versions: Bis-Bis Fruit): Allows the user to create and control biscuits. Eaten by Charlotte Cracker.
- Bata Bata no Mi (English versions: Butter-Butter Fruit): Allows the user to create and control butter. Eaten by Charlotte Galette.
- Buku Buku no Mi (English versions: Book-Book Fruit): Allows the user to manipulate books, as well as trap people inside them. Eaten by Charlotte Mont-d'Or.
- Kuri Kuri no Mi (English versions: Cream-Cream Fruit): Allows the user to create and control cream. Eaten by Charlotte Opera.
- Shibo Shibo no Mi (English versions: Wring-Wring Fruit): Allows the user to drain liquid from people and objects, as well as transfer that liquid into their own body, making them bigger and stronger. Eaten by Charlotte Smoothie.
- Memo Memo no Mi (English versions: Memo-Memo Fruit): Allows the user to manipulate people's memories. Eaten by Charlotte Pudding.
- Mochi Mochi no Mi (English versions: Mochi-Mochi Fruit): Allows the user to create, control, and transform their body into mochi. This Devil Fruit is noted to be a "special Paramecia". Eaten by Charlotte Katakuri.
- Hoya Hoya no Mi (English versions: Puff-Puff Fruit): Allows the user to summon a genie from their body. Eaten by Charlotte Daifuku.
- Netsu Netsu no Mi (English versions: Heat-Heat Fruit): Allows the user to emit high heat from their body. Eaten by Charlotte Oven.
- Kuku Kuku no Mi (English versions: Cook-Cook Fruit): Allows the user to transform objects into nutritious food. Eaten by Streusen.
- Gocha Gocha no Mi (English versions: Mix-Mix Fruit): Allows the user to fuse themselves with other people. Eaten by Charlotte Newshi.
- Oshi Oshi no Mi (English versions: Push-Push Fruit): Allows the user to manipulate the ground as if it were made of clay. Eaten by Morley.
- Kobu Kobu no Mi (English versions: Pump-Pump Fruit): Allows the user to rally people into fighting and awaken their latent potential. Eaten by Belo Betty.
- Kibi Kibi no Mi: Allows the user to create "dango" from their cheek. Any animal that eats one of these dango is tamed and becomes subservient to the user. Eaten by Tama.
- Toki Toki no Mi (English versions: Time-Time Fruit): Allows the user to send themselves and others forward in time. Eaten by Kozuki Toki until her death.
- Juku Juku no Mi (English versions: Ripe-Ripe Jutsu): Allows the user to mature and decay any inanimate objects they touch. Eaten by Shinobu.
- Maki Maki no Mi ("English versions: Scrolling Jutsu"): Allows the user to create and control scrolls at will, which have special properties, including the ability to store objects inside them. Eaten by Raizo.
- Total Count: 4
- Jewelry Bonney's fruit which allows her to manipulate the age of any person, including herself.
- Scratchmen Apoo's fruit which allows him to morph body parts into musical instruments and weaponize his sound waves.
- Urouge's fruit which allows him to convert damage taken into strength, resulting in expanding muscles.
- Sanjuan Wolf's fruit that makes him much bigger than regular giants.
- Total Count: 37
- Goe Goe no Mi (English version: Scream-Scream Fruit): Allows the user to release powerful sound waves by shouting. Eaten by Eldoraggo. (Movie 1)
- Hiso Hiso no Mi (English version: Whisper-Whisper Fruit): Allows the user to communicate with animals. Eaten by Apis. (Warship Island Arc)
- Kama Kama no Mi (English version: Sickle-Sickle Fruit): Allows the user to create sharp air projectiles. Eaten by Eric. (Warship Island Arc)
- Kachi Kachi no Mi (English versions: Hard-Hard Fruit): Allows the user to harden their body and raise their body temperature. Eaten by Bear King. (Movie 2)
- Nemu Nemu no Mi (English version: Sleep-Sleep Fruit): Allows the user to induce sleepiness. Eaten by Noko in the video game. (Ocean's Dream Arc, game)
- Mini Mini no Mi (English version: Mini-Mini Fruit): Allows the user to shrink. While it was eaten by Blyue in the video game, it was then eaten by Lily Enstomach in the anime. (One Piece Round the Land, Z's Ambition Arc)
- Atsu Atsu no Mi (English version: Hot-Hot Fruit): Allows the user to create and manipulate heat. Eaten by Accino. (Ice Hunter Arc)
- Noko Noko no Mi (English version: Shroom-Shroom Fruit): Allows user to create and control poisonous spores. Eaten by Musshuru. (Movie 9)
- Ami Ami no Mi (English versions: Net-Net Fruit): Allows the user to create nets, as well as turn their nets into any material they ingest. Eaten by Largo. (Little East Blue Arc)
- Kopi Kopi no Mi (English version: Copy-Copy Fruit): Allows the user to copy the abilities of another Devil Fruit user. Eaten by Chameleone. (One Piece Premier Show 2012)
- Modo Modo no Mi (English version: Return-Return Fruit): Allows the user to return anything they touch to a younger age. Eaten by Ain. (Movie 12)
- Mosa Mosa no Mi (English version: Grow-Grow Fruit): Allows the user to amplify the growth of plants. Eaten by Binz. (Movie 12)
- Gutsu Gutsu no Mi (English version: Smelt-Smelt Fruit): Allows the user to turn their body into a blast furnace and shape metals inside it. While it was eaten by Lambor Bukini in the premier show, the fruit was eaten by Bill in the anime until his death. (One Piece Premier Show 2013, Silver Mine Arc)
- Peto Peto no Mi (English versions: Pet-Pet Fruit): Allows the user to create collars that that force the wearer to obey their commands. Eaten by Breed. (Caesar Retrieval Arc)
- Kone Kone no Mi (English version: Knead-Knead Fruit): Allows the user to transform someone to look like someone else. Eaten by Bildy. (One Piece Premier Show 2014)
- Moa Moa no Mi (English versions: More-More Fruit): Allows the user to multiply the size and speed of any object they touch. Eaten by Byrnndi World. (3D2Y special)
- Kyubu Kyubu no Mi (English version: Cube-Cube Fruit): Allows the user to transform anything they touch into a cube. Eaten by Gairam. (3D2Y special)
- Maji Maji no Mi: Allows the user to use magic-based abilities like hypnotism, invisibility, and illusions. Eaten by Inchikin. (Lucy & Lucy Coliseum the Battle!)
- Nito Nito no Mi (English version: Nitro-Nitro Fruit): Allows the user to gain the abilities of nitroglycerin. Eaten by Bürst. (One Piece Premier Show 2015)
- Hore Hore no Mi (English version: Fondly-Fondly Fruit): Allows the user to make people fall in love with them through lights. Eaten by Bonbon. (One Piece Premier Show 2015)
- Nuke Nuke no Mi (English version: Through-Through Fruit): Allows the user to phase through solid objects. Eaten by Tanaka. (Silver Mine Arc, Movie 13)
- Koro Koro no Mi (English version: Roll-Roll Fruit): Allows the user to turn into a rail cart. Eaten by Aveyron. (Silver Mine Arc)
- Jara Jara no Mi (English version: Chain-Chain Fruit): Allows the user to create and control chains. Eaten by Mad Treasure. (Heart of Gold)
- Iro Iro no Mi (English version: Color-Color Fruit): Allows the user to create paint to camouflage or disguise people and objects. Eaten by Psycho P. (Heart of Gold)
- Goru Goru no Mi (English version: Gol-Gol Fruit): Allows the user to manipulate gold. Eaten by Gild Tesoro. (Movie 13)
- Raki Raki no Mi (English version: Lucky-Lucky Fruit): Allows the user to steal the luck of anyone they touch. Eaten by Baccarat. (Movie 13)
- Nepa Nepa no Mi (English version: Wave-Wave Fruit): Allows the user to generate heat waves. Eaten by Wilder. (One Piece Premier Show 2016)
- Mono Mono no Mi (English version: Paste-Paste Fruit): Allows the user to create clones of people and things. Eaten by Pokke. (One Piece Premier Show 2016)
- Bijo Bijo no Mi (English version: Vision-Vision Fruit): Allows the user to create illusory images of any picture the user touches. Eaten by Ann. (One Piece Live Attraction 3; Movie 14)
- Ute Ute no Mi (English versions: Gun-Gun Fruit): Allows the user to transforms their hands into guns, as well as sprout gun barrels on any nearby surface. Eaten by Bad One Gracie. (One Piece Premier Show 2017)
- Pocha Pocha no Mi (English version: Fat-Fat Fruit): Allows the user to add excess fat on an opponent's body. Eaten by Neiro. (One Piece Premier Show 2017)
- Bana Bana no Mi: Allows the user to harness jealousy and convert it into heat and fire. Eaten by Bounty. (One Piece Premier Show 2018)
- Deri Deri no Mi: Allows the user to deliver anything they want to any point they can see. Eaten by Prize. (One Piece Premier Show 2018)
- Dero Dero no Mi: Allows the user to dissolve anything into a liquid including themselves by shooting beams out of their eyes. Eaten by Artur Bacca. (One Piece novel Law)
- Basu Basu no Mi (English version: Boom-Boom Fruit): Allows the user to turn anything they touch into a bomb. Eaten by Balzac. (One Piece Premier Show 2019)
- Gasha Gasha no Mi (English version: Clank-Clank Fruit): Allows the user to telekinetically combine inanimate objects to make mechanical creations. Eaten by Douglas Bullet. (Movie 14)
- Nibi Nibi no Mi: Allows the user to reproduce the appearance of the deceased. Eaten by Kardia. (One Piece Premier Show 2021)
- Total Count: 3
- Gero Gero no Mi (English version: Icky-Icky Fruit): Makes the user have a disgusting aura. Eaten by someone who asked Eiichiro Oda in the SBS about it. (SBS Volume 6)
- Samu Samu no Mi (English version: Samu-Samu Fruit): The user can only tell bad jokes. Eaten by someone who asked Eiichiro Oda in the SBS about it. (SBS Volume 7)
- Muzu Muzu no Mi, Model: Kokan: Makes the user's crotch area permanently itchy. Eaten by someone who asked Eiichiro Oda in the SBS about it. (SBS Volume 97)
By eating a Paramecia fruit, a person will receive a superhuman ability, allowing them to perform actions that would be impossible for a normal person to do, and in some instances survive events that would otherwise kill them. Many advantages granted by Paramecia fruits can be applied in battle, particularly if the user is well-trained with their fruit. The Gura Gura no Mi is considered to be the strongest Paramecia fruit, having the ability to create massive shockwaves and tsunamis, possessing the power to potentially destroy the entire world; its strength is considered on par with that of a Logia fruit. A few other conventionally powerful Paramecia abilities include summoning gravity, creating explosions, and heavy poisoning. Some Paramecia fruits are capable of doing more than just harming enemies physically, such as the Horo Horo no Mi which can mentally subdue other people. If a user can alter the environment around them, they may be able to use outside objects to their benefit in battle, or have a particular advantage against a certain type of opponent. For example, the Sabi Sabi no Mi user is particularly dangerous against swordsmen due to their ability to instantly rust metal swords.
If a Paramecia user has an altered body, they may be able to play off their environment in ways that would normally be dangerous. For example, the Gomu Gomu no Mi user will be unharmed by any blunt impact, the Bara Bara no Mi user is unaffected by cutting attacks, and the Sube Sube no Mi user will have dangerous projectiles slip off them without causing harm. Certain Paramecia users' bodies will become immune to the effects of their powers, such as the Doku Doku no Mi user being immune to touching poison (and, to a lesser degree, to consuming poison) and the Buki Buki no Mi user being able to turn their entire body into a bomb and reform without issue after exploding. However, not every Paramecia user is granted this advantage.
A Paramecia fruit may also offer a valuable superhuman skill that goes beyond fighting. A prominent example is the Ope Ope no Mi, which was well-reputed for being used by a certain doctor to perform miraculous medical operations, and used by Trafalgar Law to cure his otherwise incurable Amber Lead Syndrome. The fruit also possesses the extreme application of granting someone eternal life, leading it to be classified as the "Ultimate Devil Fruit". Other examples of important non-combat fruit usage include the Chiyu Chiyu no Mi magically healing wounds, the Fuku Fuku no Mi creating disguises, and the Guru Guru no Mi allowing the user to fly.
Overall, many Paramecia users who have a large amount of experience and training with their fruit have shown the ability to use their fruits in a large variety of ways, both for combat and self-benefit. This is typically best seen with experienced users in the New World, like Donquixote Doflamingo and Big Mom. However, there are other people who have been shown using their fruits for a more limited purpose, but remain powerful in combat.
Although Paramecia fruits (except for the Mochi Mochi no Mi) do not enable the user to transform their bodies into substances, this means that, unlike Logia users, the substances Paramecia users generate are not considered part of their body. This means that attacking a Paramecia user's generated substance with Busoshoku Haki will do no harm to the user. This was exploited by Trebol, who used the Beta Beta no Mi to hide his body with a large amount of mucus and trick opponents into attacking nothing but mucus. Skilled substance generating users, particularly ones capable of near-infinite generating, have frequently increased their battle prowess by assembling a wide variety of creations with their substance, particularly golems directly fight alongside or even in place of them, as well as ones they can inhabit.
Like all Devil Fruit abilities, Paramecia types can also be "awakened", attaining the ability to use their Devil Fruits at a new level of strength and in different manners than they originally could. Luffy notes that such a feat makes it no longer appear to be the power of a mere Paramecia.
An awakened Paramicia allows the user to spread their power beyond their own body and transform inorganic material around them to match the nature of their Fruit. As well as manipulate the transformed material in any way they desire. The transformation effect can be spread over a very wide area.
The main difference between awakening and Devil Fruits that allow the user to transform and manipulate the environment in the unawakened stage, such as the Hira Hira no Mi, is that awakening allows one to transform the environment from afar, as well as control it with just their mind. Unawakened environment manipulating Devil Fruits require the user to touch what they wish to transform, and often requires bodily movement to be controlled.
Doflamingo, after awakening the Ito Ito no Mi, can extend his string creating ability, transmuting the ground and buildings into vast quantities of strings that he can manipulate without even the need to touch them. Katakuri affects the environment in a similar way with his Mochi Mochi no Mi during his battle with Luffy.
Non-canonically, a second version of Paramecia awakening has been seen. This version of Paramecia awakening allows the user to vastly expand the strength and range of the Fruits power, as well as super-fine tune the ability.
Gild Tesoro awakened his Goru Goru no Mi, which allows him to create a complex sensory network within the gold he touched, enabling him to sense every movement connected with his gold. Douglas Bullet awakened his Gasha Gasha no Mi, allowing him to extend the range of his material combining ability to disassemble and restructure entire terrains into constructs as he sees fit.
This shows, at least non-canonically, that different Paramecia Fruits awaken in different ways, depending on the nature of the Fruit.
Concludes non-canon section.
Paramecia is the only class of Devil Fruit that contains fruits with little to no use in battle, in contrast to Zoans which are suited for close combat and Logias whose transformations grant massive offensive and defensive power boosts. The Toki Toki no Mi is a notable fruit with no known offensive capability, as it can only cause objects to travel through time. Other Paramecia fruits have only been shown to be useful against enemies with an advanced application of the power, or strategic usage of it. The Yomi Yomi no Mi is an example of the former, as Brook was never able to use it in battle until becoming able to summon the chills of the underworld to freeze outside objects. The Chiyu Chiyu no Mi's only known instance of inhibiting others was when Mansherry drew the blood of willing Marines to turn into healing dandelions, which drained their energy as part of the Tontatta Tribe's plot against them.
Additionally, whether or not a Paramecia user can effectively use their power can often depend on what environment they are in. The Jake Jake no Mi and Gocha Gocha no Mi, which both revolve around combining multiple people's abilities, have little use if there is no other person to operate with the user. For the most part, a Paramecia ability cannot sustain a user in high-level combat by itself, even if it is useful in battle; just about every powerful Paramecia user has developed a variety of combat skills and acquired weapons to utilize alongside their power, and Paramecia users that have demonstrated few abilities other than their Devil Fruit will typically be easily beaten by a member of the former group. Paramecia abilities can frequently be highly complex and tricky for the user to grow accustomed to, so special training is frequently needed to hone the fruit's abilities effectively. One prominent example is the Gomu Gomu no Mi, as Luffy was initially unable to effectively throw a punch while stretching his arm, and needed to train for several years to perform effective long-range attacks.
If used improperly or carelessly, a Paramecia ability may be dangerous to its user and any allies the user has around them, especially if the ability is extremely powerful and destructive by nature. This was most prominently seen with the Gura Gura no Mi, which can be extremely dangerous to friend and foe alike as once an earthquake is created, anyone in the affected area will fall victim to the ground shifting, as well as the potential arrival of tsunamis. The Zushi Zushi no Mi is capable of using gravity to push or pull any object in a certain direction, but it does not give the user any protection from those objects, particularly objects that they might pull down to their vicinity like meteors. The Shibo Shibo no Mi can allow the user to absorb liquids and become bigger and heavier, but this may make them unsuitable for their environment, especially if they are on a ship. Some Paramecia abilities can apply their effect to the user themselves, with a prominent instance being when Luffy was able to slow Foxy down by reflecting his Noro Noro no Mi beam back at him.
Paramecia abilities, particularly environment altering ones, typically have some sort of limitation which can at times be arbitrary. An environment altering fruit may only affect inanimate objects, an effect created by a fruit ability may only last for a short time, a body altering user can typically only alter their body by a certain amount, and users who can generate a special substance might be limited in the amount they can generate, such as the Bari Bari no Mi having a maximum barrier size. Some of these fruits' limits can be expanded by training, while others are always in effect. Thus, it can often be important when fighting a Paramecia user to determine the limits of their fruit and exploit it. Some fruits that affect living organisms can be limited depending on a trait of the organism; for example, the Horo Horo no Mi's Negative Hollows cannot affect a person who is already negative, while the Mero Mero no Mi does not work against anyone who has no lustful feelings toward the user.
Some fruits are officially considered superior to others because they possess similar abilities but fewer limitations; for example, the Kiro Kiro no Mi user can make their weight a maximum of 10,000 kilograms (10 metric tons), while the Ton Ton no Mi user can increase their weight to thousands of metric tons. Additionally, the Supa Supa no Mi is inferior to the Buki Buki no Mi because the former can only generate blades on the body while the latter can generate blades in addition to many other weapons. However, having a superior Devil Fruit does not automatically make the user superior in combat.
|— Kizaru to Basil Hawkins, noting that Hawkins had only covered his body in straw.|
Except for the Mochi Mochi no Mi, Paramecia fruits do not allow the user to transform into an intangible substance. Thus, they cannot phase through attacks like Logia users can. Caesar Clown reacted dismissively to Magellan's Paramecia Doku Doku no Mi in comparison to his own Logia Gasu Gasu no Mi, as although Magellan can create a large variety of poisons, he cannot transform his body into poison. Thus, although he can create a measure of self-defense by coating his body in poison, his flesh-and-blood body is always present and will be injured if anything strikes it. In contrast, Caesar can use his Logia fruit to create poisonous gases in addition to turning his own body into gas, which will cause any attack not imbued with Busoshoku Haki to pass through it. When Basil Hawkins took the form of a giant straw scarecrow, Kizaru was able to quickly damage his real body because it was only covered in straw, not transformed into it. Although Trebol was able to hide his skinny body in a large mass of mucus and have a higher chance of avoiding attacks, he was immediately injured once Law was able to unleash an attack that struck his body under the mucus. The Kira Kira no Mi's ability to turn the user's exterior body into diamond heavily resembles a Logia transformation, but has its differences, as the user will be impacted by attacks that can break through or circumvent their diamond defense, they cannot generate diamonds, and they cannot reform severed body parts.
Certain Devil Fruits may tax the user's stamina, especially after heavy use. After creating biscuits on a constant basis for 11 hours, Cracker was shown to be growing very tired. In order to maintain his "Room" with the Ope Ope no Mi, Law's stamina is drained, and long-term activation of the Room can come at the cost of his lifespan. Certain advanced Devil Fruit applications can also shorten a user's lifespan, such as the Chiyu Chiyu no Mi user using the advanced ability to restore inanimate objects. The most extreme example of this is in the Ope Ope no Mi's Perennial Youth Operation, where the user will immediately die upon giving someone eternal life.
The effects and creations of environment-altering and substance-generating fruits may cease to exist if the user is knocked unconscious or is severely injured. Thus, if a Paramecia user seeks to create or maintain a long-term effect, they and their allies must be cautious about attempts to take them out and undo the effect. This was prominently seen with Sugar, who used the Hobi Hobi no Mi to turn people into toys over a ten-year span, and this effect was instantly broken when she was knocked out by Usopp. Additionally, some fruit abilities may be manifested regardless of whether the user wants them to be, such as when Giolla was able to force Mansherry to use the Chiyu Chiyu no Mi by hitting her and causing her healing tears to fall.
Paramecia users with specially transformed bodies, such as the Gomu Gomu no Mi and Mochi Mochi no Mi users, may prove susceptible to Busoshoku Haki-imbued attacks much like a Logia user, and can thus be injured by Haki attacks that would normally not harm them.
Translation and Dub Issues
超人, usually read as chōjin, literally means "super-human". Paramecia (pl) though are in Latin context unicellular ciliate protozoa, also known as Lady Slippers.
In the Viz Manga, 4Kids dub, Funimation subtitles and the edited FUNimation dub, the word is translated into Paramythia, but in the uncut FUNimation dub, the word keeps its original name until the Water 7 Arc.
- Paramecia are a species of microbe that flourishes in water; unlike Devil Fruit users, who lose their abilities in water.
- The word Paramythia (Παραμύθια) is a Greek word that means "fairy tales".
- Non-Canon Logias can be considered Special Paramecias because they allow their users to transform into artificial elements rather than natural ones, such as an unidentified liquid, paper and candy syrup.