|The following article has no references to the official sources.|
The Pasa Pasa no Mi is a non-canon Devil Fruit from the video game One Piece - Big Secret Treasure of the Seven Phantom Islands that allows the user to create, control, and transform into pieces of paper. It was eaten by Simon, the game's main antagonist.
"Pasa pasa" is an onomatopoeia for rustling in Japanese, as of paper.
Strengths and Weaknesses
As shown by Simon, this fruit allows the user to transform into sheets of paper to strike or evade attacks like any other Logia-class Devil Fruit users. It also appears that his transformation can be used to write something on in like how Simon wrote his pirate symbol in one of his paper form. It also appears he can be in a form of any paper such as cards and books. Simon can also create money.
This fruit does have one specific weaknesses against fire, aside from the standard Devil Fruit weaknesses.
Simon basically uses this fruit's power to strike and evade like any Logia-class Devil Fruit users. He can launch pages of paper at his opponents as projectiles. The two named attacks he has shown are:
- Sefer Ha-Bahir (
灯明の書Seferu Ha-Bahiru?, literally meaning "Book of the Brightness"): Simon's offensive technique. It appears to be some kind of explosive attack.
- Sefer Yetzirah (
形成の書Seferu Yetsirā?, literally meaning "Book of Formation"): Simon's defensive technique.
- Due to the late release into the English speaking languages and the retirement of the console it was released onto (Game Boy Advance), the game (and this fruit's name) was never released as an English translation.
- The name of the fruit's techniques comes from the Hebrew language and are named after books (seferim) from the Jewish Kabbalah Sefer Yetzirah (Book of Creation) and Sefer Habahir (Book of the Bright).
- This is the first of five Devil Fruits to originate from video games, the others being the Nemu Nemu no Mi, Mini Mini no Mi, Inu Inu no Mi, Model: Bake-danuki and the Batto Batto no Mi, Model: Vampire.
- Paper - Wikipedia article on paper.
- One Piece Games — Big Secret Treasure of the Seven Phantom Islands, the Pasa Pasa no Mi is introduced.