A princess is in line for the throne if she is the oldest heir, although if she is approximately the same age as a male heir, he may have the preference. If the king dies or retires without having a male heir, the princess will become the ruler and take over as queen.
|Nefertari Vivi||Goldfish Princess||Shirahoshi||Mansherry||Viola|
|Vinsmoke Reiju||Komane||Matryo Princesses||Atoli ≠|
|Poseidon †||Scarlett * †||Rebecca *||Sarie Nantokanette *|
- Nefertari Vivi is the princess of the Alabasta Kingdom.
- Goldfish Princess is the princess of the Goldfish Empire.
- Shirahoshi is the princess of the Ryugu Kingdom.
- Mansherry is the princess of the Tontatta Kingdom.
- Viola is the crown princess of the Dressrosa Kingdom.
- Vinsmoke Reiju is the princess of the Germa Kingdom.
- Komane is the princess of the Lulusia Kingdom.
- The Matryo Princesses are the princesses of the Roshwan Kingdom.
- The previous Poseidon, who was the first known "Mermaid Princess" of the Ryugu Kingdom.
- Scarlett was the first daughter of King Riku Doldo III and the crown princess of Dressrosa before faking her death to be with Kyros and later killed by Diamante.
- Rebecca is the granddaughter of King Riku Doldo III through her mother and the crown princess of the Dressrosa Kingdom before renouncing her title to be with her father.
- Sarie Nantokanette was the princess of the Goa Kingdom before becoming queen.
- Atoli is the princess of Silver Arrow Island.
- Kikuhime is the princess of the region of Yo in Wano.
Princess as an EpithetEdit
- Perona: Ghost Princess (ゴーストプリンセス Gōsuto Purinsesu?)
- Boa Hancock: Snake Princess (蛇姫 Hebihime?)
- Shirahoshi: Mermaid Princess (人魚姫 Ningyo Hime?)
- Rebecca: Phantom Princess (幻の王女 Maboroshi no Ōjo?)
In One PieceEdit
Currently, eight known princesses have made their debut.
The most notable princess is Nefertari Vivi of Alabasta who traveled with the Straw Hat Pirates during the Alabasta Saga. Vivi does not follow the real world tradition of a princess in many ways, in the sense she can be more like a commoner at times than royalty.
Mansherry is the princess of the Tontatta Kingdom, and accordingly, she is spoiled, cruel and selfish, though still a comrade for her people to want to save her. In truth, she is kind, caring and loyal to everyone, her negative attitude being directed only to Leo out of a tsundere-love.
Rebecca is the lost princess of the Riku royal family of Dressrosa that was overthrown by Doflamingo and is now forced to be a gladiator; her mother and aunt were the first and second crown princesses of the country before Doflamingo overthrew them. Once Doflamingo's tyranny was revealed, Rebecca, Scarlett and Viola's names were all cleared from their negative reputations. Rebecca, as her mother did, abdicated her status as princess of Dressrosa for Viola to take, in order to be with Kyros.
Vinsmoke Reiju is the only daughter of the Vinsmoke Family, which rules over the Germa Kingdom. She is therefore the kingdom's sole princess. Her family and kingdom, however, are aggressively imperialistic, and so her primary duty as princess is to serve as a war commander in her nation's military, Germa 66.
Translation and Dub IssuesEdit
- Princess – Wikipedia article about the Princess title.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 12 Chapter 103 (p. 8) and Episode 62, Vivi is introduced.
- ↑ One Piece x Kyoto - makes her debut.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 46 Chapter 449 (p. 18) and Episode 343, Perona is introduced as the Ghost Princess.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 53 Chapter 515 (p. 12) and Episode 409, Hancock is referred to as the Snake Princess.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 63 Chapter 626 and Episode 546, Otohime speaks about the legend of the Mermaid Princess.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 72 Chapter 721 and Episode 651, Rebecca is referred by Gatz as the Phantom Princess.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 72 Chapter 717 (p. 18) and Episode 647, Mansherry is a mentioned as a spoiled princess of the Tontatta Kingdom.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 77 Chapter 775 (p. 3-4), Mansherry shows a tsundere attitude to Leo.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 80 Chapter 797 (p. 14-17), Rebecca asks Viola to become the crown princess of Dressrosa in her place.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 83 Chapter 832, The Germa Kingdom first appears.