A queen is a female monarchic ruler of a kingdom.
Queens[edit | edit source]
|Emporio Ivankov||Charlotte Linlin||Ban Dedessinée||Mororon||Lemoncheese|
|?????||Caroline ≠ ‡|
|Kinderella||Sarie Nantokanette||Nefertari Titi †||Otohime †||Riku Matriarch *|
|Vinsmoke Sora †|
|Boa Hancock||Gloriosa ‡|
- †: the character is deceased.
- *: the character's status is unknown, or show additional information. Hovering the symbol may give further details.
- ≠: the character is non-canon.
- ‡: the character is no longer part of this group. Hovering the symbol may give further details.
Current Queens[edit | edit source]
- Boa Hancock is the empress of Amazon Lily. Her pirate epithet, as given by the World Government, is also "Pirate Empress" (海賊女帝 Kaizoku Jotei?)
- Kinderella is the queen of the Black Drum Kingdom.
- Sarie Nantokanette is the queen of the Goa Kingdom.
- Charlotte Linlin is the queen of Totto Land.
- Mororon is the queen of the Tajine Kingdom.
- Lemoncheese is the queen of a World Government-allied kingdom
- Ban Dedessinée is the queen of a World Government-allied kingdom
Former Queens[edit | edit source]
- Nefeltari Titi was the late queen of Alabasta.
- Gloriosa was the former empress of Amazon Lily.
- Otohime was the late queen of the Ryugu Kingdom.
- The Riku Matriarch was the late queen of Dressrosa.
- Vinsmoke Sora was the late queen of the Germa Kingdom.
Queen as an Epithet[edit | edit source]
- Stussy: "Queen of the Pleasure District" (歓楽街の女王 Kanrakugai no Joō?)
- Shirahoshi is the queen of the Sea Kings.
Queens in One Piece[edit | edit source]
Under normal circumstances, diarchic kingdoms are ruled under both the king and queen, alongside each other as husband and wife. However, at least in Amazon Lily, only women are allowed to live there, and as such, the queen (or empress) is the absolute monarchy of the kingdom, with no king or prince of any kind.
As with kings, the quality of a queen's rule is dependent on her personality, whether benevolent or corrupt. Nefeltari Titi, Gloriosa and Otohime all seemed to have great care of their respective kingdoms, with the latter even taking trivial matter into her own hands that is unfitting of a queen. On the other hand, a cruel woman may be rather tyrannical to her people, as seen with Boa Hancock, who was jaded by her past and acted cynical to everyone, and using her physical charms to justify her actions, which, nevertheless, prevented her people from getting angry with her (so long as they do not know of her said past). Miss Universe married her king husband after he created his new found wealth and power.