The Red Line (literally translated as "Continent of Red Earth") is the world's only continent approximately located around the entire prime meridian, east of the North and West Blues and west of the South and East Blues.
The Red Line is said to be 10,000 meters deep from ocean level to Fish-Man Island. At the same time, it is high enough above sea level to be considered impassable, and it is indestructible, meaning that it is almost impossible to pass over it or under it without using either of the entrances. Fisher Tiger, however, managed to climb up the entire Red Line with his bare hands to attack Mary Geoise. The whole of Germa 66 was also able to climb over the Red Line, from North Blue into East Blue, using its amphibious ships.
While the continent appears impossible for any boat wishing to cross between the seas or to certain sections of the Grand Line, there are certain pass points at which a ship can cross between the Blues: going up the waterways of Reverse Mountain (typically used by pirates to enter the Grand Line), gaining government permission from the holy government land of Mary Geoise, or submerging into an underwater passageway leading to Fish-Man Island, which is placed around a hole that links directly between Paradise and the New World.
There was once a Race that lived atop the Red Line long, long ago, before Mary Geoise was built when it was known to be a "Land of Gods". Their unique attribute is that they have the natural ability to generate flames from their body. This race is widely believed to be extinct and its only known living member is King.
- Further information: Mary Geoise
The Red Line bears the world capital, Mary Geoise, and it is directly over Fish-Man Island, which is located in an underwater passageway.
- Further information: Red Port
At either side of the Grand Line, at the base of the Red Line, directly below Mary Geoise, is the Red Port, which has special lifts called Bondolas (ボンドラ Bondora?) that reach Mary Geoise and allow those who were granted access to cross the Red Line.
- Further information: Reverse Mountain
On the exact opposite side of the world from Mary Geoise is Reverse Mountain, where water from the four Blues flows into the first half of the Grand Line. Twin Cape is built at the base of the mountain, similar to the two Red Port sections.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 3 Chapter 22 and Episode 3, Nami explains the Grand Line and the Red Line to Luffy and Gaimon. The anime moves this explanation to the end of the Romance Dawn Arc, with Koby supplying it to Luffy (as well as Zoro and Rika).
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 62 Chapter 604, Nami explains the islands that form the Red Line.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 51 Chapter 496 and Episode 390, Hachi explains the height of the Red Line.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 12 Chapter 104 and Episode 63, Laboon ramming the Red Line in futility.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 53 Chapter 521 and Episode 415, Boa Hancock talks about Fisher Tiger.
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 84 Chapter 841, Germa 66 is shown crossing the Red Line.
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 101 Chapter 1022 (p. 15).
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 101 Chapter 1023 (p. 3).