The Red Line is said to be 10,000 meters deep from ocean level to Fishman Island. At the same time, it is high enough above sea level to be considered impassable, and it is indestructible, meaning that it is almost impossible to pass over it or under it without using either of the entrances. Fisher Tiger, however, managed to climb up the entire Red Line with his bare hands to attack Mariejois. The whole of Germa 66 was also able to climb over the Red Line, from North Blue into East Blue, using its amphibious ships.
While the continent appears impossible for any boat wishing to cross between the seas or to certain sections of the Grand Line, there are certain pass points at which a ship can cross between the Blues: going up the waterways of Reverse Mountain (typically used by pirates to enter the Grand Line), gaining government permission from the holy government land of Mariejois, or submerging into an underwater passageway leading to Fishman Island, which is placed around a hole that links directly between Paradise and the New World.
The Red Line bears the world capital, Mariejois, and it is directly over Fishman Island, which is located in an underwater passageway.
At either side of the Grand Line, at the base of the Red Line, directly below Mariejois, is the Red Port, which has special lifts called Bondolas (ボンドラ Bondora?) that reach Mariejois and allow those who were granted access to cross the Red Line.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 62 Chapter 604, Nami explains the islands that form the Red Line.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 51 Chapter 496 and Episode 390, Hachi explains the height of the Red Line.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 12 Chapter 104 and Episode 63, Laboon ramming the Red Line in futility.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 53 Chapter 521 and Episode 415, Boa Hancock talks about Fisher Tiger.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 84 Chapter 841, Germa 66 is shown crossing the Red Line.