- 1 Appearance
- 2 Personality
- 3 Abilities and Powers
- 4 History
- 5 Translation and Dub Issues
- 6 Merchandise
- 7 Trivia
- 8 References
- 9 Site Navigation
Rika is a young girl with black eyes and brown hair with pigtails. She wore a striped turquoise and purple shirt with a white hood.
After two years, her hair looks longer than before, and she has grown taller. She wears a dark colored apron with the Marine symbol and a striped dress with a hood. She wears black shoes and a bandanna tied over her head.
Rika is a gentle and kind girl, as she offers Zoro some food, but is angered when her friends are threatened.
Abilities and Powers
She is a cook, and she makes a "sweet and mild curry" that is extremely popular among the marines at her branch.
East Blue Saga
Romance Dawn Arc
Rika tried to thank Zoro by offering him onigiri while he was imprisoned, but he refused and told her to go away. Helmeppo then came in and took them away from her rudely, saying that if she gave them to Zoro, it would be as if she were the accomplice of a criminal. Helmeppo then spit the onigiri out complaining that they had sugar in them instead of salt. Rika replied saying she thought it would make them taste better. Helmeppo then ordered a Marine to throw her out, but luckily, Monkey D. Luffy caught Rika as she flew over the wall.
After Helmeppo left, Luffy talked to Zoro, who asked the pirate to feed him the stomped on onigiri. Zoro then asked Luffy to tell Rika that they were delicious. Luffy later passed on the message, and Rika explained the situation to Luffy and Koby.
Rika complimented Luffy after he punched Helmeppo, but Rika's mother ushered her away from the pirate. However, after the pirates defeated Marine Captain Morgan and Helmeppo, Rika and her mother fed Luffy, Zoro, and Koby as thanks for saving the town. Rika watched as the Marines requested the pirates to leave town. Koby refused to leave with Luffy since he wanted to become a Marine, and Rika and her mother watched in shock as Koby and Luffy punched each other.
Diary of Koby-Meppo
Fish-Man Island Saga
From the Decks of the World
After the timeskip, she appears to be more mature, and is training at the Marine base in Shells Town to become a waitress. She seems to be much better at cooking, and is popular among the Marines. She also has a bounty poster of Monkey D. Luffy hanging on her workplace.
Translation and Dub Issues
In Episode 2, Rika is seen bringing food to Zoro which the food in the original anime was Riceballs. However in the 4kids' edits, the riceballs were changed to three cookies. Also, when Helmeppo took one and ate it, the third cookie was still in place when she offered them to Zoro.
- One Piece: Become the Pirate King!
- Birth of Luffy's Dream Pirate Crew!
- Aim! The King of Belly
- One Piece (Game Boy Advance)
- One Piece: Gigant Battle! 2 New World
- She later appeared in a filler episode as well as TV Special 4 where she is friends with Ninjin, Piiman, and Tamanegi.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 1 Chapter 3 and Episode 2.
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 63 Chapter 616, cover story: From the Decks of the World Vol. 4.
- SBS One Piece Manga — Vol. 78, Oda reveals that Rika's curry is well-liked.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 1 Chapter 4 (p. 3) and Episode 2.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 1 Chapter 7 (p. 4-13) and Episode 3.
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 10 Chapter 85, cover story: Diary of Koby-Meppo Vol. 3, Rika appears on the cover page eating onigiri along with Helmeppo and Koby.
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 14 Chapter 118, cover story: Diary of Koby-Meppo Vol. 29, Rika appears on the cover page. She gets upset when the marines inform her that Koby and Helmeppo left.