The Rocks Pirates were a legendary and powerful pirate crew that sailed the seas 38 years before the current storyline.
They were led by Rocks D. Xebec and considered to be the most dangerous and strongest pirate crew of their time. They ruled the seas before the rise of Gol D. Roger, during the time known as the Era of the Rocks (?).
|Rocks D. Xebec †||Edward Newgate †||Charlotte Linlin||Kaido||Shiki|
|John †||Silver Axe||Ochoku|
- †: the character is deceased.
- *: the character's status is unknown. Hovering the symbol may give further details.
- ≠: the character is non-canon.
- ‡: the character is no longer part of this group. Hovering the symbol may give further details.
The organization was made by a dangerous band of pirates who gathered at Hachinosu. Their mutual quest for fame and fortune led to the formation of the crew. However, according to Sengoku, they were very violent and would kill friends and foes alike, and their lack of camaraderie caused crewmembers to kill each other constantly even while at sea.
It was this poor relationship between each other that the members tend to downplay their time together to the rest of the world, thus leading to their history being relatively unknown to the next generation.
The Rocks Pirates were an extremely powerful crew with amazing potential and were regared as a threat to the entire world. They were without a doubt the strongest pirate crew of their time.
The crew strength at the time made them the most threatening organisation to the World Government, so the government decided to cover up their actions. Aiming to become the strongest military force in the world, they had at least three of the four future Yonko.
The crew had at least one ship with a dark colored sail, with the word "ROCKS" written on it in light colored letters, the "O" was designed to look like a burning skull and it had a figure head of a corpse.
Thirty-eight years ago, they attacked several World Nobles and their slaves on God Valley, causing Vice Admiral Monkey D. Garp to team up with the then future pirate king, Gol D. Roger, and defeat them for good, earning Garp the title of "Hero of the Marines".
- The person known as "Ochoku" has a name based on the real-world Chinese pirate lord of the 1500s, Wang Zhi (his name being "Ōchoku" in Japanese).
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 90 Chapter 907 (p. 6) and Episode 887, Hina and Garp talk about Rocks.
- ↑ Charlotte Linlin - 500,000,000
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 One Piece Manga — Chapter 957 (p. 5-11), Sengoku talks about the Rocks Pirates.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Chapter 957.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Chapter 957 (p. 7), The Rocks Pirates' ship is seen.