The Rocks Pirates were a legendary and powerful pirate crew that sailed the seas until their defeat 38 years before the current storyline.
The crew's Jolly Roger is depicted as a burning red skull with a flames that resembles two horns. It is shown as the O for "Rocks" on the sail of the ship.
|Rocks D. Xebec †||Edward Newgate †||Charlotte Linlin||Kaidou|
|Shiki||John †||Silver Axe *||Ochoku *|
- †: the character is deceased.
- *: the character's status is unknown, or show additional information. Hovering the symbol may give further details.
- ≠: the character is non-canon.
- ‡: the character is no longer part of this group. Hovering the symbol may give further details.
The organization was founded by a dangerous band of pirates who gathered at Hachinosu. Their mutual quest for fame and fortune led to the formation of the crew. However, according to Sengoku, the Rocks Pirates were very violent and would kill friends and foes alike, and their lack of camaraderie caused crew members to kill each other constantly, even while at sea.
Because of the poor relationship with each other, the Rocks Pirates members tend to downplay their time together to the rest of the world, coupled with the World Government covering up their actions, the crew became relatively unknown to the next generation.
The Rocks Pirates were an extremely powerful crew with amazing potential and were regarded as a threat to the entire world. They were without a doubt the strongest pirate crew of their time.
The crew strength at the time made them the most threatening organization to the World Government, so the government decided to cover up their actions. Aiming to become the strongest military force in the world, three of their members, Edward Newgate, Charlotte Linlin and Kaidou, would go on to become Emperors.
The crew had at least one ship with a dark colored sail, with the word "ROCKS" written on it in light colored letters, the "O" was designed to look like a burning skull and it had a figure head of a corpse.
At some point in the past, the crew was formed on Hachinosu. They would go on to become the strongest crew of their time, to the point of threatening the World Government itself.
Thirty-eight years ago, they attacked several World Nobles and their slaves on God Valley, causing Vice Admiral Monkey D. Garp to team up with the then future pirate king, Gol D. Roger, and defeat them for good, earning Garp the title of "Hero of the Marines".
Due to Rocks' quest for domination that led him to dabble in forbidden studies that the government covered up, along with the crew's lack of camaraderie causing them to rarely speak of their time together, the Rocks Pirates became relatively unknown to the next generation.
Five years later, the former members would go on to form their own crews.
- The person known as "Ochoku" is named after real-life Chinese pirate lord of the 1500s, Wang Zhi (his name being "Ōchoku" in Japanese).
- This crew, along with the Donquixote Pirates and Gecko Pirates, are the only known crews named after their captain's last name.
- Before it was confirmed, Whitebeard was implied to be member along with Bakkin in the "Emperor" Whitebeard Pirates!! pack.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 90 Chapter 907 (p. 6) and Episode 887, Hina and Garp talk about Rocks.
- Charlotte Linlin - At least 500,000,000
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 95 Chapter 957 (p. 5-11) and Episode 958, Sengoku talks about the Rocks Pirates.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 95 Chapter 957 (p. 7) and Episode 958, The Rocks Pirates' ship is seen.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 95 Chapter 962 (p. 13) and Episode 962.
- Vivre Card - One Piece Visual Dictionary (Card #0270).