Jurassic World: Dominion Dominates Fandom Wikis - The Loop
Do you like this video?
|— Blueno, CP9|
Kami-e is one of the six techniques of "Rokushiki" that allows superhuman flexibility.
The Kami-e makes the users' body extraordinarily flexible in order to avoid any attacks, float, and bend their body like a piece of paper.
- †: the character is deceased.
- ?: the character's status is unknown.
- ≠: the character is non-canon.
- ‡: the character is no longer part of this group. Hovering the symbol may give further details.
- *: other relevant information. Hovering the symbol gives further details.
- Seimei Kikan: Kami-e Bushin (生命帰還 紙絵武身 Seimei Kikan: Kami-e Bushin?, literally meaning "Life/Existence Return: Paper Drawing Martial Body"): Used by Rob Lucci in his Human-Beast Form. Using Life Return, he makes his Human-Beast Form smaller, lighter, and possibly faster. He is much more agile and harder to hit in this form, as opposed to his normal Human-Beast Form. In the FUNimation dub and in the Viz Manga, this is called Life Return Paper Art Fighting Form.
- Seimei Kikan: Kaijo (生命帰還 解除 Seimei Kikan: Kaijo?, literally meaning "Life/Existence Return: Cancellation"): Used by Rob Lucci while in his smaller Human-Beast Form. It cancels his Seimei Kikan: Kami-e Bushin technique, and returns to his larger, stronger Human-Beast Form. In the Viz Manga, this is called Life Return Release. In the FUNimation dub, this is called Life Return Terminate.
- Kami-e "Slime" (紙絵「
軟泥」 Kami-e "Suraimu"?, literally meaning "Paper Drawing: 'Slime'"): Used by Fukurou. Instead of the body becoming limp like paper, it stretches and moves in ways slime or sludge would move in order to avoid attacks. In the Viz Manga, this is called Paper Slime. In the FUNimation dub, this is called Paper Art Slime. The kanji is read as nandei, and literally translates to either "soft mud" or "sludge".
- Despite being Rokushiki masters, Kalifa, Kumadori, and Jabra were not seen using this technique.
- Using his Hira Hira no Mi to make his body "float", Diamante can dodge attacks in a very similar fashion.
- Luffy's Gomu Gomu no Boh is very similar in appearance to this technique, which works with him turning off his conscious mind and floating around like a leaf, therefore dodging strikes entirely on instinct. Kami-e differs by not requiring the mind to be "shut down" for it.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 37 Chapter 348 (p. 5) and Episode 245, This is said only in the manga.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 37 Chapter 348 (p. 5) and Episode 245, Kami-e is first demonstrated by undisguised Blueno.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 44 Chapter 423 and Episode 306.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 44 Chapter 427 and Episode 309.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 42 Chapter 405 (p. 14) and Episode 289, Fukurou uses Soru Tekkai Dama and Kami-e Slime in his fight against Franky.