|— Blueno, CP9|
Kami-e is one of the six techniques of "Rokushiki".
Overview[edit | edit source]
The Kami-e makes the users' body extraordinarily flexible in order to avoid any attacks, float, and bending their body like a piece of paper.
Variations[edit | edit source]
- Seimei Kikan: Kami-e Bushin (生命帰還 紙絵武身 Seimei Kikan: Kami-e Bushin?, literally meaning "Life/Existence Return: Paper Drawing Martial Body"): Used by Rob Lucci. Using Life Return, he makes his half-leopard form smaller, lighter, and possibly faster. He is much more agile and harder to hit in this form, as opposed to his normal half-leopard form. In the FUNimation dub and in the Viz Manga, this is called Life Return Paper Art Fighting Form.
- Seimei Kikan: Kaijo (生命帰還 解除 Seimei Kikan: Kaijo?, literally meaning "Life/Existence Return: Cancellation"): Used by Rob Lucci while in his smaller half-leopard form. It cancels his Seimei Kikan: Kami-e Bushin technique, and returns to his larger, stronger half-leopard form. In the Viz Manga, this is called Life Return Release. In the FUNimation dub, this is called Life Return Terminate.
- Kami-e "Slime" (紙絵「
軟泥」 Kami-e "Suraimu"?, literally meaning "Paper Drawing: 'Slime'"): Used by Fukurou. Instead of the body becoming limp like paper, it stretches and moves in ways slime or sludge would move in order to avoid attacks. In the Viz Manga, this is called Paper Slime. In the FUNimation dub, this is called Paper Art Slime. The kanji is read as "nandei", and literally translates to either "soft mud" or "sludge".
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Despite being Rokushiki masters, Kalifa, Kumadori, and Jabra were not seen using this technique.
- Using his Hira Hira no Mi to make his body "float", Diamante can dodge attacks in a very similar fashion.
- Luffy's Gomu Gomu no Boh is very similar in appearance to this technique, which works with him turning off his conscious mind and floating around like a leaf, therefore dodging strikes entirely on instinct. Kami-e differs by not requiring the mind to be "shut down" for it.
References[edit | edit source]
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 37 Chapter 348 (p. 5) and Episode 245, This is said only in the manga.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 37 Chapter 348 (p. 5) and Episode 245, Kami-e is first demonstrated by undisguised Blueno.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 39 Chapter 370 (p. 16) and Episode 259, Nero uses Kami-e in his battle against Franky.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 44 Chapter 423 and Episode 306.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 44 Chapter 427 and Episode 309.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 42 Chapter 405 (p. 14) and Episode 289, Fukurou uses Soru Tekkai Dama and Kami-e Slime in his fight against Franky.
[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.