The Ryu Ryu no Mi, Model: Pachycephalosaurus is an Ancient Zoan-type Devil Fruit that allows the user to transform into a hybrid and full version of a pachycephalosaurus at will. It was eaten by Ulti.
- Ryū (竜?) is Japanese for "dragon" and can be found in the Japanese term for "dinosaur" (恐竜 kyōryū?).
Strengths and Weaknesses
This fruit's power is to turn into a full and hybrid version of a pachycephalosaurus: a bipedal, herbivorous dinosaur distinguished by its super-thick, durable skull roof. The Human-Beast Form already grants a significant increase in body size, with Ulti going from an ordinary height to over three times as tall, and her full Beast Form is even bigger, at least as large as her brother's full spinosaurus form.
Much like other fruits of the Ryu Ryu no Mi series, this one grants its user a tremendous increase in physical strength. In spite of having proportionally smaller arms, Ulti is able to hold targets down in her full pachycephalosaurus form, shown when Monkey D. Luffy, despite being tremendously strong himself, found himself immobilized by Ulti's claws grabbing his shoulders and considered activating Gear Fourth to escape her clutches.
With the transformation, the user's skull grows thicker and harder, which suits Ulti particularly given her fighting style that revolves around headbutts. While transformed, her large skull dome (more so her forehead in hybrid form) allows Ulti to potentially crush opponents' skulls completely with headbutts, like she already can in human form, as well as break through thick stone walls by charging into them headfirst.
Moreover, the user's transformation dramatically boosts their endurance and speed of recovery, a characteristic trait of dinosaur Zoans. After Ulti had been knocked out (in Beast Form) by Yamato's Raimei Hakke, a surprise attack hitting her head, Ulti was quick to regain her consciousness, seeming unaffected beside bleeding from the mouth. Another time, Ulti took a direct hit from Nami's Thunder Lance Tempo, the lightning bolt piercing her abdomen, but retained consciousness, only falling to the ground in pain; Nami, in said instance, mentioned how a much stronger lightning was necessary to put down Ulti.
No weaknesses of the fruit's power are of note, beside the standard Devil Fruit weaknesses.
Ulti uses this fruit for combat. Already a strong melee fighter while human, Ulti can dramatically strengthen her physical attacks by transforming, namely her headbutts. Ulti's full pachycephalosaurus form is considered excessive to use against most opponents, likely to cause great collateral damage, with both her hybrid and full dinosaur forms only unleashed by her against enemies whom she takes seriously.
- Ul-Meteor (ウル
頭銃群Uru Mītia?, literally meaning "Ul Head Gun Group"): While holding her opponent, Ulti rears her head back, preparing to unleash a headbutt in what is seemingly an upgraded version of her Ul-Zugan. Ulti was first shown trying to use this on Luffy but was unable to execute it, due to being surprise-attacked by Yamato. Since Ulti was attacked in the middle of saying the attack name, "Ul-Meteor" may not be the full name. In the VIZ translation, the attack is called Ulti-Meteor.
- Ulti grows noticeably larger in both her Human-Beast and, even more so, her full Beast Forms, despite the pachycephalosaurus being known to have stood shorter than the average human.
- For unknown reasons, Ulti's Beast Form completely changes her hair color, turning it from a darker to a much lighter shade.
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 97 Chapter 983 (p. 11), The fruit's power is first shown and named.
- One Piece Manga — Chapter 995 (p. 16), Ulti in her hybrid is over three times bigger than Nami, who is about the same height as her in human form, to the point that Ulti can hold Nami in one hand.
- One Piece Manga — Chapter 998 (p. 16-17), Ulti in her full Beast Form is shown next to Page One's full spinosaurus form.
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 97 Chapter 983 (p. 14-15), Luffy is caught by Ulti and considers using Gear Fourth to escape her grasp.
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 97 Chapter 983 (p. 9-11, 15), Ulti shows off her headbutting-based style of attack.
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 98 Chapter 991 (p. 5).
- One Piece Manga — Chapter 995 (p. 14-15), Ulti headbutts Usopp.
- One Piece Manga — Chapter 1004 (p. 11), Ulti threatens to crush Nami's skull.
- One Piece Manga — Chapter 998 (p. 16-17).
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 97 Chapter 983 (p. 15-16), Ulti is hit by Yamato's Raimei Hakke, and knocked unconscious.
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 97 Chapter 984 (p. 3), Ulti regains consciousness after Yamato knocked her out, with a nearby grunt noting the toughness of dinosaurs.
- One Piece Manga — Chapter 1004 (p. 11-12).
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 97 Chapter 983 (p. 11, 14), Ulti first enters her hybrid from against Luffy, then enters her Beast Form, surprising subordinates.
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 97 Chapter 983 (p. 15), Ulti attempts to use Ul-Meteor on Luffy.
- Pachycephalosaurus – Wikipedia article about the Pachycephalosaurus.