Sapi is half fish-man and half human. He has a shaved head and a small blue fish fin on the back of his head. He has tan-ish skin, and seems to be quite muscular. He is seen with a large grin, and wears a dark yellow shirt with horizontal lines on it.
Abilities and PowersEdit
Being only a half-fish-man, he may not have the same level of superhuman strength, or be able to breathe underwater, as other Fish-Men do.
He seems to be a skilled fisherman, as he was able to catch a large fish that is rare around the East Blue.
While Sanji was walking around the marketplace, he stopped by a fish stall where he was welcomed by Sapi. Sapi then explained that the giant fish in front of them was a Blue-Finned Elephant Tuna after Sanji asked him what that weird fish was. Afterwards, he revealed to the customer that he had quickly snatched up the rare fish with his fishing pole since it normally could only be found in the South Blue. Seeing as how Sanji was highly captivated, Sapi then offered to cut up a slice for him. However, Sanji stated that he would buy the whole fish instead, to which Sapi gladly thanked him while wrapping up the fish.
During the Cooking Championship, Sapi served as the announcer for the contest. Throughout the contest, he provided commentary on the skills of the contestants, ranging from comments on Carmen's showy knifework to Sanji's undivided attention towards his cooking.
Concludes non-canon section.
Anime and Manga DifferencesEdit
In the anime, Sapi did not sell Sanji the Blue-Finned Elephant Tuna. Rather, Sanji was passing by his stall when he saw some unknown fish. Sapi then explained to him that the seas around Loguetown sometimes have fish from other seas possibly due to the ocean currents as they were near the Grand Line. Later, some other fishermen fished up a Blue-Finned Elephant Tuna and, when Sanji offered to buy it, Sapi told the cook that the fish would serve as a prize for the Cooking Championship. Later, Sapi served as the announcer for the contest as well.
- Sapi is the first known person to be a cross species of a fish-man and a human.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 11 Chapter 98 (p. 2) and Episode 51, Sapi makes his debut.
- ↑ Vivre Card - One Piece Visual Dictionary , Sapi's birthday is revealed.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 One Piece Blue: Grand Data File (p. 56) , Sapi's name and hybrid species status is revealed.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 One Piece Manga — Vol. 11 Chapter 98 (p. 2), Sapi sells Sanji a blue-finned elephant tuna.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 11 Chapter 98.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 One Piece Anime — Episode 51, Sapi serves as the announcer for Loguetown's cooking contest.