The Sexy Foxy is the ship used by Foxy the Silver Fox and his Foxy Pirates. It is an enormous ship with a giant fox head at the bow. The final event of the Davy Back Fight, the combat, took place here.
Ship Design and Appearance[edit | edit source]
Built after Foxy's namesake, the Sexy Foxy holds accommodations for at least 500 men, and measures approximately 100 meters from stem to stern. Its prow is topped with a massive fox's head, while an equally massive tail (possibly its rudder) hangs from the stern.
Set at the bottom of the ship's prow are two paws attached to chains. These serve as anchors, and carry retractable claws that can dig deep into the coast of any island to keep the rest of the ship in place; in the appropriate circumstances, they can also help the Sexy Foxy trap smaller ships.
In the non-canon Adventure of Nebulandia, the Sexy Foxy received a makeover from Dojaku in the form of a transformable exterior. When the Sexy Foxy is transformed, it now resembles a battleship, with metal plating covering the bottom half. The ship is now run by a spinning wheel on each side. This is also an optional feature, as the ship's original design is very much intact, but it has a built-in gimmick that allows it to transform into this tougher form by using a T-shaped key.
Concludes non-canon section.
Inside[edit | edit source]
When a fight takes place on Foxy's ship, Foxy often runs below deck to prepare traps for the opponent. Below deck, there is a kitchen, an armory, a gun-deck, an infirmary, and even a dungeon. However, the most wondrous of all the chambers has to be the mecha chamber, where Foxy keeps the Gorilla Puncher #13 and a number of other robots.
Weapons and Traps[edit | edit source]
Keeping in with his dishonest methods, many traps can be found on Foxy's ship, such as a room with every inch of the floor covered in spikes, a trapdoor that drops the opponent onto a conveyor belt which leads to a small door on the ship's outside, crossbows, and even small cannons that can be rotated and fired at the opponent.
The Sexy Foxy had Foxy's Gorilla Puncher #13 robot in addition to the traps. In the anime it also had other robots and a small crab themed submarine.
In the non-canon Adventure of Nebulandia, the Sexy Foxy's number of cannons increased. It can also be covered in a bright metal, which Dojaku added in order to counter Foxy's Noro Noro no Mi.
Concludes non-canon section.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This is the second pirate ship in the series (after the Going Merry) to have its interior explored in any detail.
References[edit | edit source]
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 33 Chapter 313 (p. 12) and Episode 217, Itomimizu reveals the name of the ship
- One Piece Anime — Episode 217, Luffy and Foxy's fight in the Sexy Foxy begins.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 33 Chapter 313 (p. 13) and Episode 217, The boundaries for combat, a hundred-meter circle, encompasses the entire ship save for the head and tail.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 33 Chapter 316 (p. 3) and Episode 218, The Gorilla Puncher #13 emerges.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 33 Chapter 315 (p. 13) and Episode 218, Foxy prepares the spike room.
[edit | edit source]