The Shari Shari no Mi is a Paramecia-type Devil Fruit that allows the user to transform their arms and feet into wheels, making the user a Wheel Human (車輪人間 Sharin Ningen?). It was eaten by Sharinguru.
- "Shari" is derived from "Sharin" (車輪?), meaning "wheel" in Japanese.
- In the Viz Manga, it is called the Wheel-Wheel Fruit.
Strengths and Weaknesses
The only strength of the fruit, so far seen, is that when the user turns his arms into wheels and spins them at a high speed, they gain formidable spinning weapons that apparently can be used to attack their opponents.
The fruit so far does not seem to have any specific weaknesses outside the standard Devil Fruit weaknesses. However, it appears that metallic like bodies, like Franky's arms, seem to be somewhat resilient to the user's attacks, meaning that the spinning velocities of these wheels are not extremely powerful.
The fruit's bestowed powers as used by Sharinguru have so far been used primarily for combat, Sharinguru has used the fruit's powers to turn his arms and feet into wheels in order to attack Franky.
Anime and Manga Differences
While Sharinguru was seen in the battle with Franky in the anime, his Devil Fruit powers weren't shown as he instead attacked Franky with a sword.
- Excluding the SBS Devil Fruits, this is the only manga-exclusive Devil Fruit power.
- Shari shari is the Japanese onomatopoeia to describe the sound of red beans or rice rubbing against each other while being stirred.
- This fruit's ability to turn into wheels is similar to the Guru Guru no Mi and the non-canon Koro Koro no Mi.
- This is the first Devil Fruit for which the repeated katakana at the beginning of the Japanese name has three characters instead of two.
- SBS One Piece Manga — Vol. 47, Chapter 451, fan question: what are the names of the Devil Fruits the Marine HQ captains and commanders, that fought the Straw Hats in Volume 44, had?
- One Piece Yellow Grand Elements - Sharinguru's and his fruit's names are revealed.
- One Piece Manga - Vol. 44 Chapter 428, Franky vs. Sharinguru.
- One Piece Anime - Episode 310, Sharinguru is seen but is not seen using his Devil Fruit powers.
- Wheel – Wikipedia article about the wheel in general