|Shimotsuki Kozaburo||Koushirou||Kuina †|
|Toko||Shimotsuki Ryuma †||Shimotsuki Yasuie †||Shimotsuki Ushimaru †||????? †|
|Onimaru||Kurozumi Orochi ‡||????? *|
The Shimotsuki Family grew to become a respected family in Wano, having two of the country's regions entrusted to them.
Fifty-five years ago, Shimotsuki Kozaburo left Wano, and ended up in East Blue, where he saved a village from bandits. He eventually settled down there and started a family. Four years after his departure from Wano, he had a son, Koushirou. When Koushirou was 27, his daughter Kuina was born. Twelve years later, Kuina fell down the stairs and died.
In Wano, after Kurozumi Orochi and the Beasts Pirates took over, the known family members sided with the Kozuki Family, resulting in Ushimaru's death and Yasuie going into hiding for the next 20 years and fathering Toko. Yasuie sold his daughter to the Flower Capital, where she befriended Kozuki Hiyori and worked as her kamuro while Hiyori was the courtesan known as Komurasaki. Yasuie lived as a resident of Ebisu Town.
Wano Country ArcEdit
Yasuie encountered Zoro and befriended him. He also helped members of the Ninja-Pirate-Mink-Samurai Alliance by providing them a place to stay in Ebisu Town. When the alliance's plans began falling apart due to Orochi and the Beasts Pirates discovering Kin'emon's secret message, Yasuie decided to sacrifice himself. After his capture, Yasuie altered the message and during his public execution, he claimed responsibility for the message prior to his demise. Toko, witnessing her father's death, mourned deeply for him.
- "Shimotsuki" (霜月 frost moon?) fits most of the Wano Country families theme of having the kanji "Moon" in its name.
- "Shimotsuki" is the old Japanese name for November.
- People affiliated with the family are sometimes shown with two crossed cutlasses.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 1 Chapter 5 (p. 9) and Episode 2, Kuina makes her debut.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 94 Chapter 953 (p. 5), The Shimotsuki Family is mentioned by Kawamatsu.
- ↑ SBS One Piece Manga — Vol. 96 (p. 80), Kozaburo's past is revealed.