So far, only four known people are confirmed to be part of the family: Shimotsuki Yasuie, his daughter Toko, the late daimyo Ushimaru and the swordsmith Kozaburo. Yasuie and Ushimaru were daimyo of Wano's Hakumai and Ringo regions respectively.
|Toko||Shimotsuki Ushimaru †||Shimotsuki Yasuie †||Shimotsuki Kozaburo *|
|Kozuki Family||Onimaru||Ninja-Pirate-Mink-Samurai Alliance|
The Shimotsuki Family grew to become a respected family in Wano, having two of the country's regions entrusted to them. After the Beasts Pirates took over Wano, the known family members sided with the Kozuki Family, resulting in Ushimaru's death and Yasuie going into hiding for the next 20 years and fathering Toko. Yasuie sold his daughter to the Flower Capital, where she befriended Kozuki Hiyori and worked as her kamuro while Hiyori was the courtesan known as Komurasaki. Yasuie lived as a resident of Ebisu Town.
Wano Country ArcEdit
Yasuie encountered Zoro and befriended him. He also helped members of the Ninja-Pirate-Mink-Samurai Alliance by providing them a place to stay in Ebisu Town. When the alliance's plans began falling apart due to Orochi and the Beasts Pirates discovering Kin'emon's secret message, Yasuie decided to sacrifice himself. After his capture, Yasuie claimed responsibility for the message prior to his execution.
- "Shimotsuki" (霜月 frost moon?) is the old Japanese name for November.
- The family share its name with Roronoa Zoro's hometown, Shimotsuki Village in East Blue.
- People from Wano Country have emigrated to the East Blue before, but it is unknown if the village has any connection to the family.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 One Piece Manga — Vol. 94 Chapter 953 (p. 5), The Shimotsuki Family is mentioned by Kawamatsu.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 92 Chapter 929 (p. 9-10), Yasuie makes his debut.
- ↑ Vivre Card - One Piece Visual Dictionary (Card #0475), Information about Ryuma is revealed.