The Snakeneck Tribe is a tribe of humanoid individuals primarily distinguished by their extremely long necks. They were first mentioned in the list of slave prices that Duval gave to Sanji and are first seen among the racially diverse nation of Totto Land.
Members of the Snakeneck Tribe have necks that are longer than a normal human's, making them much taller than most humans. Most snakeneck hybrids that have been shown have had very slender bodies that make them more closely resemble snakes, though this is not a universal feature, as seen with Charlotte Mondée. Members of the tribe seem to decorate their necks with rings or tattoos similar to what the Longleg Tribe members have on their legs.
No pure Snakenecks have been identified, but seven Charlotte Family members have snakeneck lineage.
|Charlotte Mondée||Charlotte Amande||Charlotte Hachée||Charlotte Effilée|
|Charlotte Mascarpone||Charlotte Joscarpone||Charlotte Wiro|
- As all known members are subservient to or part of the Big Mom Pirates, their character design might be a reference to John Tenniel's artwork for Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland depicting Alice with an elongated neck, matching the crew theme.
- The Snakeneck Tribe may be based off the Rokurokubi, a long-necked Japanese Yōkai.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 82 Chapter 827 (p. 5,15) and Episodes 785–786, Amande and an unnamed Snakeneck make their debut.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 51 Chapter 501 (p. 7) and Episode 395, The Snakeneck Tribe are shown on the list of slaves.
- ↑ SBS One Piece Manga — Vol. 86 (p. 60).