Ship Design and Appearance
The ship has a figurehead of a fish, with flames around the neck part, while the rudder resembles a fish tail. The cabin on the middle and the back of the ship also resembles fishes. There are cannon ports on the sides of the vessel. Its overall appearance is a giant fish. The ship has five sails. The front two are dark blue, and they bear the Jolly Roger of the Sun Pirates. The middle one is dark blue, but is blank. The second one from the back is light blue. The last sail on the back is striped between blue green and green. The flag of the crew is on top of the foremost sail. After it was rebuilt, the ship had different colors on the front sail.
The Snapper Head was built by Fisher Tiger many years ago. He and his crew the Sun Pirates sailed on it until they were ambushed by the Marines on Foolshout Island, and the ship was sunken by cannon fire.
Whole Cake Island Arc
Eventually, the Sun Pirates managed to salvage and rebuild the Snapper Head, and they disembarked from Whole Cake Island on it as they attempted to leave Totto Land and cut off ties with the Big Mom Pirates. However, they stayed to protect their former captain Jinbe and his new crew the Straw Hat Pirates, and when their ship the Thousand Sunny was in peril from the Big Mom Pirates, Wadatsumi replaced it with the Snapper Head, resulting in the latter ship being destroyed by the Queen Mama Chanter's cannon fire.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 53 Chapter 521 and Episode 415, The Snapper Head is first seen in Hancock's flashback.
- ↑ Vivre Card - One Piece Visual Dictionary , Sun Pirates' ship's name is revealed.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 One Piece Manga — Vol. 90 Chapter 901, The Snapper Head is destroyed.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 86 Chapter 860 (p. 2) and Episode 829, The Sun Pirates prepare to leave Totto Land.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 63 Chapter 623 and Episode 543.