Solo Journey of Jinbe, Knight of the Sea is the twenty-first Cover Story created as a side story on the title page of each One Piece chapter. The story can be set between the Fish-Man Island Arc and Whole Cake Island Arc.
Jinbe is on an underwater adventure, where he comes across a lost sea kitten. He then brings the sea kitten to an ocean dog police officer, who leads the way back to her hometown. They then realize that the kitten's hometown was gone. Jinbe saves a sinking ship and reads about sea monsters attacking a port town. Upon arriving at the port town, he finds remnants of the sea kitten's village. He then finds the culprit, who was Wadatsumi. After Jinbe hears his story and scolds him, the sea kitten's village is then returned to the sea and the port town is rebuilt. The next day, Wadatsumi asks to join Jinbe, who agrees, and the two set off.
After leaving Caribou at the G-5 base, Jinbe journeys through the ocean in search of his crew. Many fish, sharks, sea turtles, jellyfish, squids, and other creatures follow after him, apparently happy to see him. Shortly afterwards, a sea kitten comes up beside him in tears due to being lost. Feeling sorry for the little thing, Jinbe takes the sea kitten to a sea dog sheriff for help. Shortly afterwards, the officer realizes that he lives in the same town as the sea kitten, and the sea dog leads the way for Jinbe and the sea kitten, making it happy. However, when they arrive, the town appears to have completely disappeared, which causes the sea kitten to start crying again.
During their search, the sea dog officer finds his house alone, which has somehow been flipped sideways. As Jinbe ponders on the situation as the sea kitten continues to weep, they both discover a sinking ship up on the surface. Luckily, Jinbe manages to push it back up, much to the relief of the passengers on board. He then receives a newspaper from the grateful passengers and is surprised when he reads the news of the Straw Hats and Heart Pirates alliance, and is then stunned again when he reads an article stating that various giant sea beasts were attacking a nearby port town, which prompts him to investigate.
Upon arriving at the port town, Jinbe discovers some old ruins, which the sea kitten reveals was remnants of its' home. Upon landing on the island, the locals explain to him their dire situation: the ruins started appearing and wrecking their town while the sea beasts also started attacking ships as offerings to them disappeared. Jinbe goes along with a local to see a large amount of offerings missing from their designated spot, which deepens the mystery. Almost immediately after, both the sea dog officer and his home fall onto the ruins, much to Jinbe's shock. He spots a shadow retreating back into the ocean and realizes that the culprit is definitely underwater, so he gives chase. Before long, he finds all the lost offerings as well as the thief, who turns out to be none other than Wadatsumi posing as a sea god.
The gigantic fish-man reveals that after getting beaten up by the Straw Hat crew and exiled from Fish-Man Island, he found the offerings the people left for the sea beasts and helped himself to them. Out of gratitude, Wadatsumi started picking up the undersea ruins and throwing them into the port town, believing that the houses rightfully belonged to the humans. Angry at Wadatsumi's actions, Jinbe gives him a good scolding for his carelessness. He then goes to the Sea Beasts, who reveal that they woke up to find their homes gone and relocated to the port town, causing them to assume that the humans stole their homes on purpose, which is why they started attacking their ships. Jinbe reveals to them what truly happened, and thus the Sea Beasts and Wadatsumi apologize to the townsfolk who were livid at them for what they've done. At the same time, the sea-kitten is reunited with its parent, and Jinbe is relieved that everything has been resolved.
The townsfolk reveal that they also found a poneglyph and give it to Jinbe as thanks for his help, which surprises him. It's also shown that the ruins were placed back underwater near the town's harbor, allowing the Sea Beasts to slumber peacefully again. In addition, the Sea Beasts allow the humans to ride atop their backs as fishing vessels. That night, the townsfolk host a great banquet with Wadatsumi and the sea monsters in attendance.
The following day, Wadatsumi asks Jinbe if he could go with him on his journey. Jinbe agrees, and with a new kimono for Jinbe and the poneglyph, the two set sail, waving goodbye to the townsfolk and the Sea Beasts.
- Back To My Friends (Chapter 751)
- The Lost Sea Kitten (Chapter 752)
- A Puzzled Sea Dog Police Officer (Sea Beast Sheriff) (Chapter 753)
- Actually, It So Happens That I Live In The Same Town As This Sea Kitten (Chapter 754)
- Got an Incident on Our Hands. Town's Gone (Chapter 755)
- Miraculously, The Constable's House, Alone, Is Discovered! The Mystery Deepens And The Sea Kitten Cries (Chapter 757)
- Now That's a Capsized Ship!! (Chapter 758)
- Saving the Capsized Ship (Chapter 759)
- Learning of Luffy's Alliance from a Newspaper He Was Shown (Chapter 760)
- The Article He Should Have Been Reading! The Huge Outbreak of Sea Beasts! (Chapter 761)
- Going to Take a Look Around the Port Town (Chapter 762)
- The Ruins of the Port Town is Actually the Town of the Sea Cats (Chapter 763)
- Suddenly the Ruins Destroyed Our Town, the Creatures Wrecked Our Ships, and the Offerings Disappeared (Chapter 765)
- A Missing Mountain of Offerings, the Appearing Ruins, and Angry Sea Beasts (Chapter 767)
- I Definitely Saw That Ruin Fall Just Now (Chapter 768)
- The Shadow That Vanished Into the Depths of the Ocean! The culprit's in the Water! (Chapter 769)
- Found it! The Massive Offerings! (Chapter 770)
- Meeting the 'Umibozu', Sea God Wadatsumi: 'No Thanks Necessary' (Chapter 772)
- In return for the offerings I just raised up the human houses at the bottom of the sea (Chapter 773)
- Jinbe Gives the Sea God a Scolding (Chapter 774)
- The Sea Beasts' Misunderstandings (Chapter 776)
- Apologies For the Chaos, Reconciliations, and Reunions (Chapter 777)
- Oh Yeah, There Was This Thing In the Ruins (Chapter 778)
- We Sunk the Ruins Near the Harbor (Chapter 780)
- To Make Up For Breaking Their Ships, Sea Beasts as Fishing Boats (Chapter 781)
- For Now, A Banquet (Chapter 782)
- I Want to Accompany You (Chapter 783)
- Final chapter: With a new kimono and souvenirs, so it's time to set sail (Chapter 785)
|Solo Journey of Jinbe, Knight of the Sea|
|Manga Chapters (covers)|