Special Episode "Luff" is a three chapter "what if" storyline showing what would happen if Sabo had rescued Luffy and Ace at Marineford. It ran in the first three volumes of the official One Piece magazine.
Luffy wakes up from his dream on the Thousand Sunny and walks into the kitchen to be greeted by his crew. Luffy asks Zoro and Sanji to hit him to make sure he is awake. After being hit, Luffy complains about being hit too hard, which Sanji explains it's because he went into the fridge without asking.
Meanwhile, Sabo wakes up on the Revolutionary Army's main ship while they are stuck at sea due to the lack of wind currents. Koala then teases Sabo about his dream, which she says he has been recurring every night for the past two years. This causing Sabo to engulf himself in flames with rage, only to be scolded by Koala for his recklessness. Looking at his flaming hand, Sabo is calmed by the vision of Ace's heritage. Afterward the wind picks back up, both crews continue their journey.
Characters in Order of Appearance
- Sakazuki (fantasy)
- Portgas D. Ace (fantasy)
- Jinbe (fantasy)
- Monkey D. Luffy
- Edward Newgate (fantasy, image)
- Curly Dadan (cover, flashback)
- Dogra (cover, flashback)
- Magra (cover, flashback)
- Tony Tony Chopper
- Nico Robin
- Roronoa Zoro
- The premise for this special was spoken by Koala in Chapter 731.
- Each of the three title pages is different, but they all show the three sworn brothers.
- The first title page shows the three brothers as young adults. It is the same depiction as that on the cover of Chapter 596.
- The second title page shows the brothers' portraits in their young days and as young adults, as well as the three cups of sake.
- The third title page shows scenes from Chapter 585 of the brothers living with the Dadan Family.
- The first installment shows some of the events from Chapter 573 from new angles.
- This is the second "What If?" re-imagination, the first being the ninth movie.
- This is the second "It was all a Dream" story, the first being Episode of Nami.