St. Poplar is an island town in Paradise connected to Water 7 and Enies Lobby via the Sea Train. It is notable for being one hour by Puffing Tom from Water 7. Its nickname is the "Town of the Spring Queen" (春の女王の町 Haru no Joō no Machi?).
History[edit | edit source]
Fourteen years ago, St. Poplar became connected to Water 7 with the completion of the Sea Train at a time when the economy in Water 7 was weak due to attacks on merchant ships. Once connected, it supplied wood to Water 7. Years later, Franky sent the Square Sisters here to buy Adam Wood on the black market.
After the fall of Enies Lobby, CP9 was forced to come to this town and raise money to pay for the medical treatment required by Rob Lucci due to the damage he had taken in his fight against Luffy. Sometime after Lucci recovered, they defended the town from the Candy Pirates. They were forced to leave though, after Lucci's excessive brutality towards the pirate captain horrified the citizens.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Poplar is the name of a station in London located on the Docklands Light Railway.
- A poplar is a type of tree.
References[edit | edit source]
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 51 Chapter 496, cover story: CP9's Independent Report Vol. 6.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 34 Chapter 322 (p. 18) and Episode 229.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 37 Chapter 354 and Episode 248.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 37 Chapter 355 and Episode 249.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 45 Chapter 431 (p. 12-15) and Episode 313.
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 51 –Vol. 53 Chapters 496–517, cover story: CP9's Independent Report Vol. 6-24, CP9's stay at St. Poplar.