- 1 Appearance
- 2 Personality
- 3 Abilities and Powers
- 4 History
- 5 Major Battles
- 6 Translation and Dub Issues
- 7 Trivia
- 8 References
- 9 Site Navigation
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Stainless is of average height and well built. His most distinctive feature is his handlebar mustache. His hair is black and combed back with a scalp lock, but by the time at the meeting in Mary Geoise, it was more straightly combed.
He dresses in the typical garb of many high-ranking Marines: when discussing about Luffy and later Crocodile's replacement, he wore a purple suit (which was striped during the first meeting, but not during the second), but during Marineford, he changes to a yellow and black striped suit over a dark red shirt with an orange tie. He wears a marine coat hanging from his shoulders like a cape.
Personality[edit | edit source]
As a Marine, Stainless has a strong sense of justice. He does not like Doflamingo and his actions, as the pirate manipulated his associate to attack him, causing both vice admirals to become panicked and confused. It is unknown whether he believes in moral justice or absolute justice.
Abilities and Powers[edit | edit source]
As a vice admiral, Stainless is capable of commanding a Buster Call alongside four other vice admirals. He also has command over lower-ranking subordinates.
Weapons[edit | edit source]
He carries a katana during the battle of Marineford, like most of the vice admirals. His exact level of swordsmanship remains unknown; however, it is presumably quite high, with him being a vice admiral.
Haki[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
East Blue Saga[edit | edit source]
Loguetown Arc[edit | edit source]
Sky Island Saga[edit | edit source]
Jaya Arc[edit | edit source]
Stainless attended a meeting in Mary Geoise to determine a new Warlord of the Sea after Crocodile's dismissal. Vice Admiral Mozambia was then manipulated by Donquixote Doflamingo to attempt to strangle Stainless. He struggled against the officer, not knowing that it was Doflamingo's doing.
Summit War Saga[edit | edit source]
Amazon Lily Arc[edit | edit source]
When the execution of Portgas D. Ace was announced, Stainless reported to the summoning of the Marines to reinforce Marineford.
Marineford Arc[edit | edit source]
Later, Stainless and his fellow vice admirals lined up and ready to fight the Whitebeard Pirates. When the Whitebeard Pirates advanced into the plaza, Stainless ordered his underlings to attack Whitebeard. When Luffy was trying to get to the execution platform, Stainless ordered Marines to stop him. Upon Shanks' arrival and truce was declared, Stainless stood down under Sengoku's orders.
Four Emperors Saga[edit | edit source]
Wano Country Arc[edit | edit source]
Major Battles[edit | edit source]
- Stainless vs. Vice Admiral Mozambia (Controlled by Donquixote Doflamingo)
- The Marines and Seven Warlords of the Sea vs. Whitebeard Pirates and Allies
Translation and Dub Issues[edit | edit source]
- Kaizeruhige is Japanese for "kaiser mustache", which in turn means "handlebar mustache", which made him the fourth character nicknamed after his facial hair.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- His name in the anime was said to be Kaizeruhige, but in One Piece Blue Deep Databook his official name was stated to be Stainless.
References[edit | edit source]
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 11 Chapter 96 (p. 5-9) and Episode 45, Stainless in the meeting in Marineford.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 25 Chapter 234 and Episode 151, Stainless is seen in Crocodile's replacement meeting.
- One Piece Blue Deep: Characters World (p. 212) , His name is revealed.
- One Piece Anime — Episode 479, the opening credits reveals Kaizeruhige's name.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 60 Chapter 594 (p. 7) and Episode 511, Dr. Fishbonen states Haki is a power all vice admirals use.
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 95 Chapter 956 (p. 14-15).
[edit | edit source]