Abilities and Powers
As a fish-man, Sunbell possesses ten times the physical strength of an average human and is presumably an adept swimmer.
Concludes non-canon section.
Sunbell wielded a trident.
A year later, on an island in Paradise, the Roger Pirates defeated a battalion of Marines when they spotted the Whitebeard Pirates approaching them. When the Whitebeard Pirates arrived, the two crews battled each other for four days until the fight settled into a gift exchange. Roger pleaded for Whitebeard to allow his subordinate Kozuki Oden to join the Roger Pirates and help them reach the final island.
When Oden and his family boarded the Oro Jackson, the crew initially treated Oden coldly, but they quickly warmed up to him as friends as they sailed to many destinations including Skypiea, Water 7, Fish-Man Island, Wano Country, and Zou. They then made it to the final island and laughed when they saw the treasure left behind by Joy Boy. After departing from the island, named Laugh Tale by Roger, the crew had a party before tearfully bidding farewell to their captain. They then took Oden back to his home in Wano and the crew tearfully said goodbye to him as well. The Roger Pirates disbanded, and it is unknown what became of Sunbell.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 0 Chapter 0 (p. 5) and Episode 0, Sunbell makes his debut.
- SBS One Piece Manga — Vol. 96 (p. 116), Sunbell is named by Oda.
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 96 Chapter 966 (p. 15), The Roger Pirates welcome Oden to the crew.
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 96 Chapter 968 (p. 3), The Roger Pirates are complimented by Roger.
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 96 Chapter 965 (p. 16-17), The Roger Pirates waiting for Whitebeard's crew.
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 96 Chapter 966 (p. 16-17), The Roger Pirate reach Skypiea.
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 96 Chapter 967, The Roger Pirates journey to Laugh Tale.