Tacos is an older man with a long, oval-shaped face. He has a very large taco-shaped mustache that curves downward, and his hair is gathered into a ponytail. Tacos wears a serape with a detailed pattern on it as well as a sombrero with a small cactus in the center.
Upon his introduction, Tacos declared he would rather die standing than live while kneeling.
Abilities and Powers
Tacos arrived at the Red Port to attend the Levely at Mary Geoise, declaring he would rather die standing than live while kneeling. After reaching the top of the Red Line via a bondola, Tacos made his way to the Mary Geoise castle.
The kings and queens later gathered inside the conference room to begin the Levely.
- Tacos's name and appearance are heavily based on Mexican culture:
- Tacos are a Mexican dish that are very popular in the rest of the world.
- Tacos wears traditional Mexican garb and hat. This attire is reminiscent of Jean Ango's who also had a cactus on his head (although his cactus was actually a part of his head.)
- The name of his kingdom is a reference to the Kingdom of the Dead, Day of the Dead, or Dia de los muertos holiday.
- Tacos's persona seems to be inspired from Mexican Revolutionary Emiliano Zapata. The famous quote Taco used in his introduction values pride in the face of foreign and counterrevolutionary interference in Mexican affairs.
- Tacos's appearance seems heavily inspired by the actor Danny Trejo.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 One Piece Manga — Vol. 90 Chapter 905, Tacos makes his debut.
- ↑ SBS One Piece Manga — Vol. 90, https://one-piece.com/special/sbs/detail/9.html
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 90 Chapter 906.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 90 Chapter 908.