Appearance[edit | edit source]
Taro is a young man of average height. He has chestnut-shaped light hair and a pair of goggles on his head. In his first outfit, he wore a pair of dark trousers and a light unbuttoned coat with popped collars. In his second outfit, he wears a dark coat and underneath it a light shirt with his name, "TARO" written on it.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Taro is loyal to his captain and crew, as he charged into battle with them. Like many of his crewmates, he was initially cold towards Kozuki Oden when Roger brought him aboard, but quickly warmed up to him.
Abilities and Powers[edit | edit source]
Weapons[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
Past[edit | edit source]
A year later, on an island in Paradise, the Roger Pirates defeated a battalion of Marines when they spotted the Whitebeard Pirates approaching them. When the Whitebeard Pirates arrived, the two crews battled each other for four days until the fight settled into a gift exchange. Roger pleaded for Whitebeard to allow his subordinate Kozuki Oden to join the Roger Pirates and help them reach the final island.
When Oden and his family boarded the Oro Jackson, the crew initially treated Oden coldly, but they quickly warmed up to him as friends as they sailed to many destinations including Skypiea, Water 7, Fish-Man Island, Wano Country, and Zou. They then made it to the final island and laughed when they saw the treasure left behind by Joy Boy.
After departing from the island, named Laugh Tale by Roger, the crew had a party before tearfully bidding farewell to their captain. They then took Oden back to his home in Wano. As the crew approached Wano, Taro observed the wreckage of ships at the coastline with a pair of binoculars. After the crew tearfully said goodbye to Oden as well, the Roger Pirates disbanded, and it is unknown what became of Taro.
References[edit | edit source]
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 0 Chapter 0 (p. 8) and Episode 0, Taro makes his debut.
- SBS One Piece Manga — Vol. 96 (p. 154), Taro is named by Oda.
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 96 Chapter 966 (p. 7), Taro fights alongside his crew against the Whitebeard Pirates.
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 96 Chapter 966 (p. 15), The Roger Pirates welcome Oden to the crew.
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 96 Chapter 965 (p. 16-17), The Roger Pirates waiting for Whitebeard's crew.
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 96 Chapter 966 (p. 16-17), The Roger Pirate reach Skypiea.
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 96 Chapter 967, The Roger Pirates journey to Laugh Tale.
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 96 Chapter 968 (p. 4-7), The Roger Pirates disband.