Terracotta is a large woman with curly blonde hair. She looks almost identical to Igaram which prompts some characters to accuse her of being Igaram in drag. Zoro said, "A couple can only look so much alike!" when he first saw her. Terracotta wears a dark red tunic, with a orange lining, that has a white stripe. Under her tunic is a light blue shirt with white buttons. She also wears bright red lipstick. When she cooks, she wears a white headband.
Terracotta has a very determined personality and is quite dedicated to her duties. She was determined not to be beaten by Luffy's appetite when she was feeding the crew after their initial recovery.
Terracotta look and her husband look very similar, as noted by Zoro. She is rather strict with Igaram, scolding him for entering Vivi's dressing room when he did not knock and kicking him out when he had nothing to say to the princess.
Terracotta cares deeply for Vivi, consulting her on her coming-of-age speech and reassuring her that she only has to show the people of Arabasta how she has grown rather than give a prepared statement.
Abilities and Powers
As the royal head chef with over 30 years of experience, Terracotta is an exceptionally skilled cook, being able to quickly cook massive portions of food to feed the Straw Hat Pirates and keep up with Luffy's appetite.
Also, as the royal seamstress, it can be assumed she has great sewing skills as well.
When Luffy woke up after sleeping for three days, Terracotta came into the Straw Hat Pirates' room in the medical bay to announce their dinner. She and her subordinate brought a massive tray of food, and Luffy and Zoro mistook her for her husband. She and her team cooked for and served Vivi and the crew. Terracotta admired Luffy's appetite and was determined to keep up with it until it was satisfied. At the end of the meal, she smiled and wiped the sweat off her forehead with her arm, content with successfully feeding the hungry crew. Later, she and Maidy dress up Vivi for the princess's speech. King Cobra tried to enter, but she kicked him out. When Igaram came in to talk to Vivi, she kicked him out as well, saying that no one was allowed in. The two women spoke to Vivi about her coming-of-age speech, encouraging her to do her best.
Gedatsu's Accidental Blue-Sea Life
From the Decks of the World
Anime and Manga Differences
In Episode of Arabasta: The Desert Princess and the Pirates, Terracotta replaced Igaram during Vivi's coming-of-age speech.
- Terracotta is Italian meaning "baked earth" and is a type of earthenware.
- While Igaram's hair curls outwards, Terracotta's hair curls inwards.
- Terracotta has the same Japanese VA as her husband.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 23 Chapter 213 (p. 10-12) and Episode 128, Terracotta is mistaken by Zoro as Igaram, her husband.
- SBS One Piece Manga — Vol. 86 (p. 152).
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 23 Chapter 215 (p. 2-5) and Episode 129, Terracotta kicks Cobra and Igaram out of Vivi's dressing room.
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 36 Chapter 345, cover story: Gedatsu's Accidental Blue-Sea Life Vol. 29, Terracotta and Vivi enjoy Ukkari Hot-Spring Island.
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 65 Chapter 639, cover story: From the Decks of the World Vol. 23.
- One Piece Movie — Episode of Alabasta: The Desert Princess and the Pirates.