| Ahoy! This here is the 174th Featured Article.
"Thriller Bark" has been featured, meaning it was chosen as an article of interest.
- The subject of this article is sometimes referred to as "Thriller Barque", "Thriller Park", "Thriller Burke" or "Thrillerberg".
Thriller Bark is a giant ship formerly located on the Florian Triangle. As revealed by Brook, it used to be an island located in the West Blue. It was converted into a pirate ship, the world's largest, and is owned by the former Shichibukai, Gecko Moria, serving as ship for the Thriller Bark Pirates. The ship was heavily damaged by Moria's and Kuma's attacks during the battle against the Straw Hat Pirates, and, after Moria's defeat, was abandoned. Thriller Bark is the main setting of the Thriller Bark Arc, as well as the ninth island in Paradise that the Straw Hat Pirates visited.
Landmarks and ArchitectureEdit
The island is surrounded by a huge outer wall that goes around the ship, with a gate resembling a giant mouth that opens and closes. There are four separate chains that connect from the wall to the mast above the mansion. The island has an old broken inner stone wall encircling it with towers and a moat. There is a mansion in the middle of the island, surrounded by an apparently dead forest. The entire ship somewhat resembles the stereotypical scenery in vampire or horror movies, such as Dracula or Frankenstein.
The forest that covers most of the island; many shadowless people who were stuck in Thriller Bark chose to hide there from the sun. Usopp, Nami and Chopper hid in the forest from the Cerberus and were met by Hildon. Luffy also encountered the Rolling Pirates in this forest. The forest is also populated by many strange zombies Dr. Hogback created.
Thriller Bark GraveyardEdit
A graveyard beyond the forest. Most, if not all, of the graves there are occupied by hidden zombies created by Dr. Hogback. These zombies will attack intruders, but are not particularly strong. After Moria's defeat and the fall of Thriller Bark, a monument to the Rumbar Pirates is erected (built by Franky and Usopp, flowers by Chopper) with their remains buried here, as a testament to Brook's long-dead crewmen.
Thriller Bark MansionEdit
A huge mansion that resembles a gothic-style cathedral. Hogback lived here until Moria was defeated.
The large tower in the middle of Thriller Bark is actually the mast of the ship, as well as a mansion. This is where Gecko Moria resided. The giant freezer where Oars was kept in stasis is also located here.
Within Hogback's mansion is his laboratory, and it was here that Hogback created his zombies with the shadows given to him by Gecko Moria.
Perona's Wonder GardenEdit
A little garden that sits on a bridge that connects the Thriller Bark Mansion to the Mast Mansion, covered with trees, plants and flowers. This bridge is owned by Perona, and is inhabited by most of her wild zombies. Usopp, Nami and Chopper awoke there, after being knocked out by Ryuma. During the battle with Oars, the bridge was destroyed.
Within the Mast Mansion is Perona's room. This room is large and decorated in a similar fashion to that of a princess, suiting Perona's epithet as "Ghost Princess".
Inhabitants of Thriller BarkEdit
Thriller Bark was once inhabited by the "Mysterious Four", along with hundreds of their zombie subordinates. Several victims who banded together also reside within the forest areas, with the occasional freed shadows.
After Moria's defeat and escape, the giant ship was abandoned, leaving nothing more than the 900 corpses littered across the area. Perona returned to retrieve Kumashi's body, and then left again.
- †: the character is deceased.
- *: the character's status is unknown, or show additional information. Hovering the symbol may give further details.
- ≠: the character is non-canon.
- ‡: the character is no longer part of this group. Hovering the symbol may give further details.
- While Thriller Bark's name may simply refer to the broad genre that uses suspense, tension and excitement as the main elements, it may also refer to the famous horror-themed song Thriller by Michael Jackson.
- Hogback's mansion bears resemblance to the Notre Dame cathedral.
- This is the first of two pirate ships that were originally islands modified to become a sea going vessel, the other being Island Ship.
- In the anime, some of the numbers for the Zombies are mixed around (For example, in the anime, Zombie 28 became Zombie 29; and the anime has a different Zombie 36 than the manga).
- Before the start of the saga, Iceburg was talking about making Water 7 into a floating island.
- Barque – Wikipedia article about the type of ship that Thriller Bark is based on.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 50 Chapter 490 and Episode 381, Thriller Bark is abandoned by Moria and all other inhabitants.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 92 Chapter 925.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 45 Chapter 431 (p. 8) and Episode 313, Franky questions Iceburg whether he is going to turn Water 7 into a ship.